Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Bully Dog operating system? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/bully-dog-operating-system-329847/)

thenrie 02-19-2018 09:07 PM

Bully Dog operating system?

I am trying to make a DIY computer for my truck (see signature), using a raspberry pi 3B (rpi) single board computer and a touch screen. One of the things it will need to do is control my truck's Bully Dog performance chip. There are several OBDII programs for the rpi, but I have not yet found anything that allows tuning through the OBDII port, just monitoring and clearing codes.

Does anybody know what operating system or programming Bully Dog uses?

Things I want the computer to do:
- Talk to my truck's computer, monitor through OBDII and tune the Bully Dog
- Media server - music, radio
- monitor cameras - backup camera, trailer cameras
- turn on and off trailer flood lights
- connect with my iphone 7 for hands-free cellular - bluetooth
- wifi hotspot
- GPS navigation
- Monitoring tire pressures
- I'll think of more, I'm sure

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

johnh 02-20-2018 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by thenrie (Post 3344379)
I am trying to make a DIY computer for my truck (see signature), using a raspberry pi 3B (rpi) single board computer and a touch screen. One of the things it will need to do is control my truck's Bully Dog performance chip. There are several OBDII programs for the rpi, but I have not yet found anything that allows tuning through the OBDII port, just monitoring and clearing codes.

Does anybody know what operating system or programming Bully Dog uses?

Things I want the computer to do:
- Talk to my truck's computer, monitor through OBDII and tune the Bully Dog
- Media server - music, radio
- monitor cameras - backup camera, trailer cameras
- turn on and off trailer flood lights
- connect with my iphone 7 for hands-free cellular - bluetooth
- wifi hotspot
- GPS navigation
- Monitoring tire pressures
- I'll think of more, I'm sure

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

just drive it!!!

thenrie 02-20-2018 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by johnh (Post 3344405)
just drive it!!!

Over 311,000 miles now. What's the matter? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Anyway, I found in the documentation that the coder operates under Windows, so now it's just a matter of figuring out the programming.

thenrie 05-03-2018 03:32 PM

Update:

Found a developer at autopi.ip that uses the raspberry pi computer to make a car computer that talks to the OBD2 port on the vehicle and offers programmability of the vehicle's can-bus functions. Should work for what I need and allow programming of my engine performance, just like the Bully Dog does. I will just need to figure out the values Bully Dog uses in their settings on the can-bus. I pre-ordered a unit, which should be delivered this month.

I got the navigation system working. Still working on getting the cameras working. Next will be the TPMS. I'll post updates as I get things working.