Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Boost Vs Cold Weather (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/boost-vs-cold-weather-127157/)

stang 12-11-2006 10:13 PM

with the air being more Dense in cold air what does it take to make power? more fuel right? what does it take to lite the turbo? Fuel right? if you start running out of fuel what happens? no boost or low boost right? no fire in the hole turbo dont spin. low Boost low EGTs no fuel. plus you must put a load on the truck to make boost. I know some of you guys are hot shots with the Dodge trucks but dont we have a heater in our fuel filter? maybe the fuel is geling some. but it just could be the in tank pump cant keep up with the fuel demand ATS demands more fuel in the cold then the banks ask for more on top of that. CP3 gets starved for fuel. my fuel pressure gauge goes down 2 to 4 psi in the summer in the winter at least 6 sometimes 8 psi my base is 25 psi. just on warm up mode till the eng. is up to temp pressure runs 4 psi lower. I have run my truck in 6 Degs. outside and can pin 39 psi so fast make your head spin and the real pressure is around 45 gauge. Tony if your truck feels like it is not making the power stock when it is cold outside to when it is warm outside take the banks off tell the dealer to get it fixed. if you could find an outside dyno and dyno when its cold and then when its warm, if your down power in the cold show them the dyno sheet. Git R done

XLR8R 12-11-2006 11:50 PM

Stang - what fuel system are you supplying the IP with?

stang 12-12-2006 12:22 PM

sorry but not sure wht you mean by IP but my lift pump to the CP3 is a walbro 392 that help? lol I think I get it injecton pump? [duhhh]

TonyNJ 12-12-2006 12:43 PM

Thanks for all the help fella's, today my truck is running 39lbs and another thing I have noticed is that if I just nail the throttle it won't go over 25-26lbs but if I lay into it I can get the 39lbs. Temp's in Jersey today are in the low 50's. It almost feel's like a boost leak or fuel issue.

ptgarcia 12-12-2006 01:13 PM

The map sensor reads absolute pressure, right? Or does it read the difference between ambient and boosted pressures?

pooperscooper 12-12-2006 06:06 PM

I believe it reads absolute. (Manifold Absolute Pressure) Just throwing that out there...i could be wrong [dummy]

[laugh]

XLR8R 12-12-2006 09:01 PM

... or Manifold Air Pressure [laugh]

TonyNJ 12-12-2006 09:29 PM

I was reading the Banks owner's manual and it states "If performance seems to have deteriorated sometime in the future, the maximum boost figures may be compared to see if boost has dropped off. Lower boost may be caused by turbo ducting leaks, a malfunctioning wastegate or fuel injection pump, or dirty air filter."