Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Best Small HP Programmer (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/best-small-hp-programmer-173284/)

BamaTJ 10-12-2007 04:47 PM

Best Small HP Programmer

I am NOT looking for crazy performance and anything that would require a built tranny. Not concerned about on the fly adjustment or the ability to change power settings either. What I AM looking for is a little extra HP and Torque for towing and an increase in fuel mileage. I have an '07 5.9 that is bone stock with 315 AT's. I have looked at the Quad XZT and the Diablosport Power Puck, but wanted to see what you guys recommend. Also looked at air intakes but I don't think they are really worth it...

TAS 10-12-2007 04:58 PM

I'm in the same boat as you are. If ya don't mind, I'm gonna tag along in this thread and see what comes up. So far from what I've read, I like the Smarty but, I'm still looking into it.

RRAMctd 10-12-2007 06:13 PM

I sure like my predator from diablo. Just made the stock truck come alive. it has the extreme tune if you want to teach someone a lesson or show off, but on the performance tune or tow tune it drives like you think it should from the factory and will give better milage if you enjoy the fun of extra power. And for under 400 bucks its been pretty much install and dont think about it anymore. There online service for updating and such has been satisfactory for any of my needs. I read about the smarty just lately and it sounds really nice but is twice the price where I seen it. I am not into racing my truck just using it for what it was built for.

RRAMctd 10-12-2007 06:17 PM

Also should say that there seems to be something about clearing key counts that might be an issue if you worried about warranty. Another option is just getting the puck from Diablo, plugs in under the hood. My brother is using that on his 07 and is really happy with results and drivability. Fuel economy will not or is not expected to change.

nitis 10-12-2007 06:22 PM

the xzt and puck are not programmers just fueling boxes and for mild hp gains most will be satisfied especiall with the puck only costing 165
now if you want a programmer and can hold out a little longer for the Smarty Jr I think it would fit your needs much better at about 500 bucks it will do everything that the regular smarty does but with only 3 power level instead of the 8 or9 of the regular smarty at least that is how I understood what Bob told me when I asked about it. no eta yet but they claim to be close to a release.

BamaTJ 10-13-2007 12:10 AM

Thanks for the info guys, keep the cost low is something else I am after. Those are some good options, I am going to do some more research. If anybody has more opinons/reviews on programmers, fuel boxes, etc. post up.