3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BD Inter-cooler

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:49 PM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
BD has been building quite a bad reputation lately with their product and customer service. Similar to ATS, great products but they're pride drives the cost and their customer service is and probably has always been in the toilet. You can find the same or better products elsewhere for a better price also.

I ordered the short shifter kit for my nv5600 last year and immediately after placing the order, discovered what problems had been arising with them. My friend who's company I ordered it through, had a very tough time getting BD to take it back and it was still in the package. I say no way to BD and ATS anymore based solely on their customer service and the business is run. Customer service plays a HUGE role in how your business thrives. Especially in this case when you're dealing with the expense of these "upgraded" replacement parts.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No doubt BD isn't standing behind their products. What options do I really have?
1. Buy a new BD intercooler knowing it may be faulty?
2. Spend several hundred dollars fixing my current cooler. I assume I will need to fix all the welds.
3. Spend even more money on another brand intercooler and talk bad about BD.
4. open to suggestions?
Old 01-10-2012, 08:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just have it fixed. Don't buy a new BD intercooler. If you have the dough, just buy another brand. It's up to you.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:49 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say have it fixed or get a quote from a good welding shop for having it fixed, or get a used stocker.

My .02
Old 01-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Have it fixed. Stay on BD day and night.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Partisan1911, I've been following this thread but did not want to jump in untill I heard you spoke with our claims department. I would like you to e-mail me who you spoke with here, as well as a copy of your purchasing invoice. I'll look into this and get back with you.

my e-mail is heck@bd-power.com my toll free number is 1-800-887-5030 ext 106

Regards,
Hector
Old 01-11-2012, 11:57 AM

Hector,
I will send you an email with the BD POC I spoke with as well as the email I received. I haven't taken any steps to remedy my issue because I haven't had time or resources. I am in the middle of a move and am still looking for a place for my family to live before I deploy again.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks, if can hold off atleast till Monday at the latest, so I can work on this that would be great.

Hector
Old 01-12-2012, 01:40 AM

A local radiator shop can probably fix that cheap and with a lot less headache than shipping.

My local shop could easily and quickly fix that for less than $40.

The only dillema would be, if it has already cracked one side maybe the other side is next.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:04 PM

Anyone decent with a tig welder can grind the welds down and reweld it all the wat around. A local fab shop should handle that easy.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Any update? I see a BD rep said to contact Him, just hoping to see that they helped you out. Let us know.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:50 AM

On Jan 11th Hector wrote me an email saying he is trying to get it resolved but it will be hard without the invoice. I have not heard back from him since then.

I have my invoice but do not have access to it because I just moved. It is with all of my household goods. I will be gone in February by the time my household goods arrive. I can then ask my wife if she can find them for me but as some of you may know that could prove to be a difficult task. I will get back in March just in time to receive household goods and then deploy for another 9 months. During that time I will try to get my family settled and find my receipt.

I called Garmon Diesel in hopes they would still have the invoice or install receipt but they said they didn't have it.

I am not sure why having the receipt is really necessary. Proof that I bought a BD Intercooler? I installed the intercooler more than a year ago so I guess the warranty is hard to argue.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:59 AM

It's all crap in my book. If you can't cut our hard working service men and women some slack thats cause enough to never buy their products in my book, let alone the troubles you've had from a badly welded product. I'm an engineer and I can tell you thats a bad weld job plain and simple.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:35 AM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
BD seems to have, at most, a 1-year warranty on all their products. They must know that most of them will fail or have major issues after the 1-year mark has past. Con artists.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:00 PM

I have been hoping that BD will step up and just send me a new intercooler. Obviously it is a manufacturer defect. I am trying not to talk bad about BD in hopes they fix this for me.

It would be nice to be able to get home from work and just swap out a broken intercooler for a new one. Otherwise the truck will be down for a couple days as I wait for a shop to spend a couple hours completely re-welding the entire cooler. Fixing the one (or possibly more) would be a band-aide fix. I have asked a few shops around here and they all have quoted me a minimum two hours at $85 an hour. That is of course if I go purchase the tools (I will have to do this anyway) and pull it out myself. All my tools are in storage next to the receipt for this intercooler!

How long should I wait before I start saying bad things about BD?

Quick Reply: BD Inter-cooler