Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Attn: Don M (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/attn-don-m-124116/)

morkable 11-15-2006 05:46 PM

Attn: Don M

Hi there Don, I have tried to send you a PM but it keeps either telling me your box is full or you havent gotten back to me. I would like your opinion as to what size injectors I should put in my truck. I will be putting studs in, and may do some more head work, (not sure on that yet, looking for guidence on that too)

I use the truck for everyday driving, towing (I pull a 37ft 5th wheel) And a little racing(but that is the least of my priorities)

Thanks on any input on this, I really appreciate it

Kevin

Don M 11-15-2006 07:29 PM

Kevin,

What are your plans for overall power? Once you have that, proven prescriptions for over 400, 500 and even 600 HP are pretty common now.

Towing heavy can be challenging.

morkable 11-15-2006 07:33 PM

I am not sure what the hp number that I am looking for. I know that right at the moment my truck is wild quick. But I want to make sure that I have lots of power for towing. I think that if I am in that mid to high 500's would be plenty of hp. I just dont want to hurt my towing. ( if that is possible)

Kevin

inline6power 11-15-2006 07:48 PM

i hate to but in but i to sent you a pm that said your box was full. i am lookin for all out power out of a daily driver. tow 3k pound sandrail 3 times a year and THATS it. daily driver that i street race with on almost every weekend. not trying to highjack the thread but would you recommend one for me as well.

masonic-dodge 11-15-2006 07:53 PM

Don

It seems that everyone has a question for you[laugh] I just wanted to tell you that I got my FLUX2s in this past saturday and they are great. They make less noise then last time, which is good. For some reason they don't make any smoke(not a problem)

Thanks again Don

CRIS

Danderson 11-15-2006 08:03 PM

Don's products!

I just wanted to repeat the satisfaction w/Don's injectors. I replaced my injectors w/Don's Mach 1.6's in my '99 and can only say,Thank You. Mildly smoother idle over the DD2's I previously enjoyed,but effortless climbing power at higher altitudes. Good stuff Don!

Don M 11-15-2006 08:47 PM

Right ON everyone!

Kevin, I would say the F2's are the ticket. You can keep the boxes turned down to control heat and tow your trailer much easier.

Inline, Mach 6 or 7. Go hard or go home

to everyone: I have great dealers that are more than capable of answering questions if you guys cant get me on the net. I bounch around all day between the laptop, desktop, telephone, and injector machines.

http://www.f1diesel.com/contacts.html

chw 11-15-2006 08:57 PM

Don, I am ordering a set of your flux3 injectors through hotroddiesels,i will also be installing a hyperdrive cp-3 kit from relentless. what cam do you recommend? the helix 2 or 3 for this set up an which will make more power?

lmills 11-15-2006 08:58 PM

most likely a helix 2 if you are a street truck

chw 11-15-2006 09:05 PM

thats what im thinkin. lmills,i hope to be layin some #'s similar to yours when the work is done

lmills 11-15-2006 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by chw (Post 1211268)
thats what im thinkin. lmills,i hope to be layin some #'s similar to yours when the work is done

then you can't go wrong with Don M. :D

morkable 11-15-2006 09:26 PM

Don is there a special price for DTR Members on those?

Thanks

Kevin

WUnderwood 11-16-2006 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by chw (Post 1211242)
Don, I am ordering a set of your flux3 injectors through hotroddiesels,i will also be installing a hyperdrive cp-3 kit from relentless. what cam do you recommend? the helix 2 or 3 for this set up an which will make more power?

I would definately go with the Helix 2; your not going to spin that motor more than 5000 rpm or driving it on the track only

Boz007 11-17-2006 10:13 AM

Well since everyone is jumping in here, i have a question also. How do the F2's run without an upgraded CP3? Id like to get them and plan on an upgraded CP3 but not at the same time.

rodboy 11-17-2006 10:31 AM

Texas Dealer.

Hey Don,

I wans wondering why you don't have a dealer in Texas since you won't sell out of your shop North of Dallas? Wondering why I had to go with some guy several Hundred miles away when you are only a couple of hours? Not trying to make you mad, Just wondering.