Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   anyone run the triple dog and a boost fooler>? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/anyone-run-triple-dog-boost-fooler-141908/)

rockittboy 03-16-2007 04:10 AM

anyone run the triple dog and a boost fooler>?

just curious, i had heard that the quad fooler has problems with the bully dog software. anyone run a quad box and the triple dog?> thanks

drillpipe 03-16-2007 05:31 AM

Yes, been running it for a while with no problems.

Rpainter 03-16-2007 06:28 AM

same here quad box no timing and scary larry

Megaramasaur 03-16-2007 06:28 AM

I've been running the quad boost fooler for about 3K with no problems. With the stock turbo, I could hold 40 psi all day long. I don't have head studs in yet, so I don't know how she will act with the Silver 62?

973604x4 03-16-2007 09:35 AM

some trucks have been blessed with boost fooling issues with Bullydog software, while others don't have this issue. I know of 3 cases like this....2 ive seen first hand and another that a member here on DTR reported.

Quad is working on a fix...he is playing with the boost fooling in my XZT right now.

dont worry about it, its such a rare problem that you probably won't experience it. And if you do, Quad may have it ironed out by then

RunninLean 03-16-2007 09:39 AM

I also run the BDTD with a quad BF and no problems.

ptgarcia 03-16-2007 10:24 AM

Triple Dog and Xzillaraider Std. module here and no problems.

chromegrill 03-16-2007 11:58 AM

no problems here...

BigJohnston 03-16-2007 12:34 PM

The problem seems to be with the outlook monitor in combination with BDTD and some sort of boost fooling device. I am guessing that the outlook monitor loads the signals quite a bit and by adding another device it is just too much and corrupts the signals. I have been pulling my hair out for months and with 20/20 hindsight it was when I installed the outlook monitor that problems started. I have removed the monitor and it is like I have a whole new truck. The Quad XZT and BDTD w/crazy lary stack well and make incredible power. I am very happy but running blind without gauges right now. Bullydog is supposed to send me a new outlook monitor, so I will see how that one works.

Important Note: Check your transmission temps on the outlook monitor. They should be well above 140 degrees. If they show 80 degrees like mine did it is known problem and you will need to get a new unit. Who knows that might be the culprit all along, not letting truck fully fuel because trans not up to operating temp. Anyways Good Luck, Tom J.

RedRacer44 03-17-2007 12:46 AM

I also have the Quad Boost Fooler and Triple Dog....have not had any issues yet. I can spike 45-48 PSI all day if I want to...but I dont :) I only spike over 40 when I'm towing really...