Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Anyone know what this means? {P0148 Fuel Delivery Error } (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/anyone-know-what-means-%7Bp0148-fuel-delivery-error-%7D-40869/)

RACER47 03-14-2004 12:48 AM

Anyone know what this means? {P0148 Fuel Delivery Error }

I have a RAMifer and while pulling my race car trailer home tonight i got this code.

RACER47 03-15-2004 11:52 PM

Anyone???

doug 03-16-2004 09:33 PM

ok I'll take a stab. the 0148 code I believe is a generic fuel delivery error. so thinking about what the Ramifier does, and how the ECM might get unhappy, I'd say maybe the ECM was unable to satisify itself re: fuel pressure.

Also, if you have a restricted fuel line (fuel filter???) or ailing low pressure lift pump system, that would probably cause the problem. My guess is that the Ramifier itself is not to blame, but that it may have exposed another problem. perhaps your fuel pressure (low side) went to zero and prevented the high pressure side from acheiving the pressure called for by the Ramifier.

just guessing though!

W1cked 01-01-2007 06:06 PM

I got this code also. I just ordered a fuel rail pressure gauge so i can keep my eye on the rail pressure.

marksblaster 01-01-2007 08:30 PM

I have been fighting this same code for a month! The dealer has had the truck 6times and so far still have a CEL. They are replacing the injector pump Wednesday so maybe that will take care of it. So far they have replaced the acuator ??valve ? sersor? not sure of name . They said I had a bad tank of fuel so they dropped the tank and cleaned the system, replaced the filter but that didn't help. Next they dropped the tank and replaced the pump there, that didn't help. Now they are replacing the inj. pump. It shows the PO148 code. Hope the new pump will fix her. Wish me luck. Thanks Mark

chuck gibson 01-01-2007 09:03 PM

Mark blaster was your truck running bad or did you just get a fuel delivery error code? The reason i am asking i got the same code i cleared it truck is running fine.

W1cked 01-01-2007 09:14 PM

My truck runs fine and all i have to do is clear this code and off i go. I have noticed that this code comes on when i am really on the gas hard.

marksblaster 01-02-2007 04:47 PM

My truck seems to run fine. If the light decides to go off I can make it come on just by giving it a lot of pedal. Sometimes if it is off it will come on even if i'm just cruisin steady. The tech had it hooked to his computer on one test drive that I just happen to get to drive,I ran the heck out of it and it did fine pressure wise then when we turned around to go back to the shop he had me get on it hard and we went about 100 ft and the light came on. He said the pressure diff was 2000psi. Maybe tommorrow.

marksblaster 01-03-2007 06:44 PM

po148

Well,,,,, So far... FANTASTIC, it runs great! Shifts great! Seems like a different truck. I only live about 9 miles from the dealer so I need to test more tommorow. I told the wife she should not think of driving it anymore because it might get away from her!

texaspower19 01-03-2007 08:21 PM

i get this code every day , i dont even pat attention to the check engine light any more, all should be ok:cool: