3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Anybody who has put a PVC elbow in there stock air box, please look/any advice??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody who has put a PVC elbow in there stock air box, please look/any advice??

I want to modify my stock air box, and do the 4' pvc elbow thing. I saw a pic in I think it was "HOSS'S" gallery, and I was wondering exactly how its done. He also sandwhiched a screen in the elbow with some sort of fitting. Do you use an epoxy glue to attach it to the box, and than use black silicone to seal it up?? I also saw another pic somewhere, where the person had a cap to cover the elbow in extreme dirt, rain, or snow conditions.

Everytime I'm in my local Home Depot, I look at all the 4" fittings, and I get a brainfart on how to put everything together. I like the ideas with the screen and the cap.

If anybody did this mod, and has any advice, please chime in.

And no, I dont want to try a stage 2 package, or a flux capacitor, or anything like that. My intake mods plan on being a modded stock box, the Aluminum 5.5 intake tube, and a high flow drop in AIRAID filter,(there about $58 w/shipping) I figure with those installed, should give me some increased flow, a little bit of whistle, and everything for under $75.00. (The filter alone, will be the most expensive of everything)
Old 05-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Banned

toilet floor flange bloted to airbox glue to it.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am pretty sure that a member here by the name of MikeyB did such a modification. If you search for him I bet you'll find some more detials.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:26 PM

4" toilet flange that is bolted to the bottom of the airbox. It will fit without cutting out any inner fender or battery tray. From there a chunk of 4" PVC ran straight down to a sweeping 90 fitting angled slightly to the drivers side of straight ahead. This should allow it to grab cool air but still be sheltered from the weather. I used a dremel tool to cut out the stock air box. Will cost ya about $30.
The wife notices a little more turbo wine and I can see less restriction on the filter minder. Prior to the mod I would routinly pool the filter minder down to the red line on a new filter with one hard acceleration. Now it only comes down a 1/3 of the way. Definatly a good mod. I may look into a cover for the PVC incase I hit really bad weather but have not noticed any problem till now being the inlet is tucked up behind the bumper. A cleanout cap should do the trick if you are worried about a cap.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:47 AM

two peices needed 4inch elbows black pvc
bhaf and drill in your sensor
plus gut your stock intake take restricting baffles out
theres a utube video on how just look it up

ihave done this but am going to buy a real set up as when you spend thousands of dollers on your truck it just doesnt seem right to skimp on a 300$ item
dont get me wrong definitley gain some hp when you gut your stock set up and throw a big filter on but just doesnt look right
on your truck , try taking your silencer out too , dont gain anything but the sound of a turbo is pretty relaxing but just my opinion
i will try and figure out how to post pics of my set up
its super easy to do and inexpensive also