3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Any Pacbrake guru's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 01:00 PM
j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Pacbrake guru's?

My exhaust brake has been working intermittently for the last several weeks, mostly "not" working. I tested the solenoid the way suggested by Chris at Pacbrake and it seemed to not be working. To their credit they shipped me out a new one since the last one I bought was under warranty still (I've gone through 6 of them in the 10 years I've had the brake). The new one is doing the same thing. Pacbrake seems to think it's the TPS sensor not returning to zero. I disconnected the batteries and left the key on for over an hour. Reconnected the batteries and reset the TPS but the problem still exists. Could the TPS be bad? Is there a way to check it? There are no DTC's reported
Old 07-22-2017, 01:41 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Don't really have an answer for you, but have you checked for voltage at the solenoid with the engine running and the brake off? Suggest installing a temporary voltmeter on the solenoid and running the wires into the truck so that you can monitor the voltage at the solenoid under normal use. If there is any voltage at the solenoid with the brake off, that could be an indication of the root of your problem.

Alternatively, do away with the connections to the TPS and just install a switch on the gearshift. I have been running mine like this for many years with zero problems and really like this setup. I use my thumb on the switch.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I replaced my tps when it finally went for good and that fixed the jerky throttle at low speeds and the intermitent PRXB that was acting up for a year. Craig