Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Any ideas? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/any-ideas-217953/)

WYODSL 09-22-2008 03:21 PM

Any ideas?

My truck will intermetantly cut out if I am cruising at about 1500rpm's and then get into it, I notice the pause at about 2500-2800rpms. I thought it was a miss but my local dealer told me it was my tranny and they couldn't do anything about it until the tranny totally quits. I personally think it is a bad connection or an injector but i could totally be wrong. Any thoughts?

t-boe 09-22-2008 03:51 PM

Maybe lift pump issues?

bighornram 09-22-2008 05:57 PM

Are you running a box or programmer?

WYODSL 09-22-2008 09:41 PM

no its stock except for whats in the sig. its the weirdest thing i really dont get it. I have an 07 so i dont think it would be a lift pump issue. I have ran smarty jr in the past and juice with attitude for awhile but the juice was only on it for a couple of weeks and that was almost 6 mos. ago. smarty jr was on it last january and february but only for a few thousand miles.

WYODSL 09-22-2008 09:46 PM

Trevor, I'll have to let you drive it, it's so wierd how it doesnt happen everytime. could it be injectors? Since owning the truck I have had almost the whole fuel system replaced. I had a cp3 put in after mine was leaking and then the fuel rail pressure relief valve. But I dont know whats going on with it cutting out.

WYODSL 09-22-2008 09:47 PM

Truck also has to be warmed up for it to do it. But when its cold the tranny will shift funny like it doesnt know what gear it should be in and will also hold a gear too long but who knows.

t-boe 09-22-2008 10:19 PM

My truck will cut out sometimes when I'm on it. I wish I had a fuel pressure gauge because I'm almost certain it's the lift pump.

WYODSL 09-22-2008 10:47 PM

thats weird. are you sure it's not your valve body?

WYODSL 09-22-2008 10:49 PM

Mine is also running on stock programming so I wouldn't think it would pull fuel pressure to 0psi, but i guess stranger things have happened. Where does it cut out at? like what rpms?

WYODSL 09-22-2008 10:58 PM

Do you have a rail pressure gauge with that quad? cause that could also shed some light on the situation if its a fueling problem I think.

t-boe 09-22-2008 11:05 PM

I'm not sure, but I don't get on my truck very often so it doesn't bother me. If it's the tranny then that means I get a good one when it goes.

Sandaholic 09-22-2008 11:15 PM

At the risk of sounding stupid here, but have you checked for codes?

WYODSL 09-23-2008 12:03 AM

Yeah no codes present. I agree with you trevor about the tranny I just don't want to blow mine and not get a core charge back. [laugh] I've decided to go with Dave Goerand when its time. He has an installer in colorado springs. which is sweet. I just hope The cut out problem isn't a big issue tranny issue I can deal with but fueling issue might be hard to pin down:( It's wierd though because we both do the same thing. We don't get into it so it doesn't bother us too bad just annoying and worrisome when it happens.