3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anti-seize on Aftermarket Fuel Filter Assemblies

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 09:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Anti-seize on Aftermarket Fuel Filter Assemblies

Is there an injector-friendly anti-seize for use on a remote fuel filter / water separator system?

I bought and installed a frame mounted combination fuel filter (Cat) and water separator (Baldwin) system. The instructions said to apply "anti-seize" to the filter-mount threads to preclude galling. Fuel flows out through the nipple, so any contaminates applied to the nipple will get swept along toward the injectors.

I took one look at my copper-based anti-seize and thought there is no way I want this in my injectors. I applied it to the water separator nipple, but didn't apply it to the Cat filter located downstream of the water separator.

When I later went to change the filters, the water separator came off just fine, the Cat filter that didn't have anti-seize had seized. Several broken filter wrenches later, I'm replacing the filter base....

As I pulled the remote filter assembly apart, all manner of nasty anti-seize contaminated fuel drained out from behind the Cat filter seemingly validating my reluctance to apply copper anti-seize to the Cat filter base threads. I don't want this goop passing through my injectors. Filter bases are 100 times cheaper than new injectors and I'll replace the filter base along with my filters if need be.

So, is there a third-gen injector friendly anti-seize to use on my remote fuel filter / water separator system? Please let me know.