3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

About time for some Garrett Twins from MPI.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 03:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
About time for some Garrett Twins from MPI.

Well, I have put this off long enough. I have Nathan getting my a price together. I looked at doing custom BW chargers also. They get pricey with billet compressor wheels. For a little more money, I can have BB Garrett chargers, so that is the way I am looking at going. I was surprised, the price difference is not that big. Looking at a GT3788 over a GTX4508 with an external gate on the secondary. Of coarse I will using a SteedSpeed manifold with the external waste gate.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hell to the yeah!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
SWEET!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:59 PM

Gulp, Yeap they are not going to be cheap but not much more than a custom set of BW turbo's. Still gotta get springs and studs. I am also going to need bigger stix's. Not sure on those yet, either 100hp, 125hp, or 150's. Not sure yet. I don't want to run dual CP3's.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:16 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I would stick to the 125's for that combo listed. You would have to get a big cp3, but a single may be doable... talk to the guys that make 'em.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Spooler...those Garretts are going to light up like a Christmas tree (and sound NASTY!)
Old 10-08-2013, 06:04 PM

Yeap, it will be a good size bill just for the twins. I also need to get studs, Hamilton springs, and figure out upgrading the injectors. Talked with Tim at TRE about injectors and CP3's. I think I will stay away from a modded Cp3. That will limit me on stix size unless I get crazy and buy PPE dual fuelers.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:42 PM

Talked with Tim and Flux 2.2 (110hp) is about the limit of a single Cp3. My truck spools my current turbo good with my mods, it is just hot as heck if I put the fuel to it. I will enjoy a better spooling Garrett though. It will put a smile on my face for sure. That sucker is going to light quick I beat. The Hamilton 188/208 cam was actually designed for a light weight turbine. I got mucho gains with it with my turbo, kinda wondering what I will get to tell ya the truth.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:00 PM

I have a GT3782R and looking to put that over a GT4508R I think or maybe a GT4202R. I looked at a set of BWs with FMW billet wheels (forged milled wheels) S362FMW over S475 with the 360* thrust pads on the small charger and the manifold, piping and everything to do the job came to over $6300. So that's not any cheaper than a set of Garrett BB turbo twins or at least in the same ballpark. Gotta pay to play.

Who is Nathan? I need to visit with someone who can fab up a quality kit for BB twins using my existing GT3782R for the secondary. So I can compare cost vs the BW twin setup, since I already have the secondary if I go that route.

Still need injectors, springs, and studs. So prolly have at least another $10000 or more to go to get it all done. Any info on who will do good quality fab work on twin piping for BB twins appreciated.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by commtrd
I have a GT3782R and looking to put that over a GT4508R I think or maybe a GT4202R. I looked at a set of BWs with FMW billet wheels (forged milled wheels) S362FMW over S475 with the 360* thrust pads on the small charger and the manifold, piping and everything to do the job came to over $6300. So that's not any cheaper than a set of Garrett BB turbo twins or at least in the same ballpark. Gotta pay to play.

Who is Nathan? I need to visit with someone who can fab up a quality kit for BB twins using my existing GT3782R for the secondary. So I can compare cost vs the BW twin setup, since I already have the secondary if I go that route.

Still need injectors, springs, and studs. So prolly have at least another $10000 or more to go to get it all done. Any info on who will do good quality fab work on twin piping for BB twins appreciated.
Nathan is MPI (Maximized Diesel Performance). He builds twins (compound) setups for Cummins, and Duramax trucks. Not sure about Ford.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:11 PM

http://maximizedperformanceinc.com/
Old 10-09-2013, 08:53 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun. Pics of the build will be nice.

Mylo
Old 10-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Nathan does top notch work, (I had a set of his compounds) you'll be very happy.
For Whatever reason Tim is not a big fan of built pumps, and I understand some of his concern. At the same time there are some very good single pump builders out there that can build some big pumps holding rail well over 800hp.the issue is by the time you pay for a big modded single you could in some cases have duals, all depends on what you have to have for the class of competition. Anyway just throwing that out there.

A lot of the injector size comes down to what tuning you can or will run. With EFI/UDC its much better to go much larger stick and you can program out some of the fuel and fine tune it. That way if or should I say when you go to a larger set up you don't have to touch the sticks again.

Anyway I'm rambling, I just wanted to subscribe and see how things go.

Brother do you have a custom UDC tune for that rig??? If not your going to need one, and your going to love it .
Old 10-10-2013, 11:29 AM

Noop, no UDC yet. I'll be good. We shall see what happens. Kinda hope EFI will come out, I doubt it though.... You can't log anything with UDC. That's why I don't have it.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:08 PM

Still waiting on Nathan. No worries, I got time.

Quick Reply: About time for some Garrett Twins from MPI.