Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   03-04 Common Rail Injectors. USE Insurance (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/03-04-common-rail-injectors-use-insurance-55489/)

localnet 11-28-2004 03:08 PM

I hate to say it, but I have had incredible luck with the USPS. I have sent out over 100 items (ebay), all over the country and to europe via priority insured mail. Shipping was the cheapest, and never had a problem. My numorus 50+ lbs. packages to europe arrived within 5-7 days of being shipped.

Although, I always insure and track.

Just my .02

Mike

zzsdad 11-29-2004 10:27 AM

I'm a retired UPS driver. I drove in Southern Kalifornia. Some of that stuff seems hard to believe. The location I worked at had actual ex-Law Enforcement investigators that looked into all claims and would "set-up" drivers with marked packages to invistigate them. It was nice for us since we knew we just had to do our jobs and not worry about the driver next to us stealing. Claims out of my area, which was most of Orange County, were very low. Damage, more often than not, was due to improper packaging. I've seen $1000 monitors in boxoes I wouldn't pack a pillow in.
Just to let you know, I ship mostly USPS. It's cheaper and I've yet to have any problems. I get stuff from everybody. Out here, FedEx will "dump and run" just as much as USPS or UPS. I just got a thousand rounds of ammo dropped by FedEx the other day.

Don M 11-29-2004 10:30 AM

I wish they would catch the guys who took mine...or at least find the dern things. My driver is as honest as they come...I suspect its a HUB thing.

Don~

Mcmopar 11-29-2004 11:12 AM

The company that I work for lives and dies by shipping our products, FEDEX is pretty good, we WON'T use UPS, they break or lose a lot more stuff, probably 70% more than FEDEX

gdh11 11-29-2004 11:38 AM

Here is what UPS and a lot of companies nowadays are all about. Make the sale, no concern over service after the sale or customer satisfaction and move on quickly to the next chump. Even when you insure it if there are problems you can rest assured that there will be a huge hassle to get the claim settled. They will use every excuse in the book possible and give you such a hard time about it being your fault that you will either walk away out of frustration or go postal. You are screwed and they know it. They just don't care. Whatever you ship you better insure and pack like you are shipping the Hope Diamond half way across the world. If there is anyway for those folks to screw it up they will find it to include throwing your package off of a ten story building. They must think they are on David Letterman. [laugh]

Scotty 12-01-2004 05:47 PM

UPS did it again. A 2 day shipment from Nov 19 has not arrived.
UPS tried to tell the shipper that our 3rd party broker has the pkg awaiting clearance. hmmmm UPS is our broker for the shipments.

Then when I called yesterday they told me the tracking number was invalid. All of this while Dave at Diesel Power Products gets the run around on who to talk to.

Sorry folks but they just plain suck.

I have lost thousands with them and their excuses. No accountability.

:rolleyes: :mad:

Don M 12-01-2004 06:27 PM

I have a little update too: They sent a whole big fat check for a 122. dollars today. The value was a almost 3800 bucks and I get 122.

Its the first time I ever opened the mail and was disappointed I had a check.

:(

ON another note: I have shipped about 15 boxes with DHL...So far so good!!

Don~

gdh11 12-01-2004 06:54 PM

What did they say the 3% check was for?

Don M 12-01-2004 06:55 PM

All packages are covered up to 100 bucks and they refund the shipping cost. Better than a kick in the tail, but certainly not enough.

gonzy 12-01-2004 07:13 PM

I have to stand up for UPS..I use UPS from 20-30 packages daily.. We pack our product well and don't have much damage or loss..I mainly give 70#+ packages also.. They also have great discount programs, works great for our hundred weight program.. One thing I have neaver had to do a claim for over $500 either we ship rolls of gasket material and only a layer or 2 is damage the rest is OK, and they have paid every claim.. Also there software system is the best and user freindly in my opinion.. Always use INS... only .35ct per $100 after they take care of the first $100..

Scotty 12-01-2004 08:49 PM

Originally posted by gonzy
I have to stand up for UPS..I use UPS from 20-30 packages daily.. We pack our product well and don't have much damage or loss..I mainly give 70#+ packages also.. They also have great discount programs, works great for our hundred weight program.. One thing I have neaver had to do a claim for over $500 either we ship rolls of gasket material and only a layer or 2 is damage the rest is OK, and they have paid every claim.. Also there software system is the best and user freindly in my opinion.. Always use INS... only .35ct per $100 after they take care of the first $100..
this must be a regional thing or something because my luck shipping south and now Daves shipping north is proving to be a big waste of our money and our time. He has the software and all that stuff and we defiantely pack the stuff correct. Lots of tape, lots of packing.

You're lucky.

Scotty

Agades 12-01-2004 09:30 PM

Originally posted by Don M
I have a little update too: They sent a whole big fat check for a 122. dollars today. The value was a almost 3800 bucks and I get 122.

Its the first time I ever opened the mail and was disappointed I had a check.

:(

ON another note: I have shipped about 15 boxes with DHL...So far so good!!

Don~

does this mean the injectors are ready for the CR motors[roll]

Don M 12-01-2004 09:47 PM

Some will be ready in about two weeks. The 03-04 is ready if you have a TST or some other duration extension box or a pressure box and are only looking for about 40 HP increase over what you currently have using a stock injector.

Larger ones will follow, but will not work with the TST....I mean they will work, but not to potential. If you have a TST box ...this first injector released is all you will be able to use.

The 04.5 engine is not ready, but coming later rather than sooner. Just working out the last details, making the changes and will need to retest all over again. 2-3 months is a safe guess.

In a week or so...I will get a complete FAQ ready and it will answer a ton of questions in detail.

Don~

gdh11 12-02-2004 07:55 AM

Don M,

What would you recommend with my setup. I am looking for economy over anything else, 40HP would be nice but better mileage is really what I want. Would your initial shipment do the trick?

Don M 12-21-2004 03:29 PM

Just an update. No injectors are ready yet. Great news I know. I have had a few snags with the holidays.

Another side not to add: the great company of UPS struck again. This time from a cam grinder to me. They managed to break a solid chilled iron camshaft right in half. It was double boxed. Im never surpised at the lack of give a dern from those guys.

Don~