3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

{{{{ List: Any mods you regret...HONEST}}}}}

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do miss my manual 6 speed, and would love to run my Smarty on level 3, but will keep it at level 1 to be safe. Other than that, no regrets at all. I learned from all you guys on here and am loving my truck. I like the look of the *****'s Air Intake Mod, but don't know if I am up to welding the IAT Sensor myself. Do they sell a piece already welded? If so where?

Here is the link just in case you have no idea what I am talking about:
http://wiki.dieseltruckresource.com/...lys_Air_Intake
Old 05-04-2011, 05:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
slow6speed,,, post your mustangs 1/4 numbers!

Man, I like these new stangs. Slow, If you head out to sac, let us cali boys know, well bring a posse. I will run my reg cab down the 1/4,, pull a few 13 second passes with my STOCK truck and smarty May have to take the snug top off, she slows me down

oh on topic.

LOVE Smarty. (would take this to vegas and marry it)
Like lineX.
Like kilbys condensor gaurd, (saved me BUT GOOD) I ate several rocks.
Like Bilstein 5100s .
Like snug top.
Like Cool Black Hose. Cold power intake, with supa dupa stock filter.

Love this board,,, ^^^^^ all this came from searching this forum and taking all the veteran responses.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:59 AM

I regret to Quadzilla gauge junk, nothing but problems and excuses from the manufacturer.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:47 AM

Southbend clutch, makes it hard to back up a trailer, and shutters when I start in second now.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by rocket82
nice ride. I really love these new mustangs.
Thanks

Originally Posted by bonus
Man, I like these new stangs. Slow, If you head out to sac, let us cali boys know, well bring a posse. I will run my reg cab down the 1/4,, pull a few 13 second passes with my STOCK truck and smarty May have to take the snug top off, she slows me down

oh on topic.

LOVE Smarty. (would take this to vegas and marry it)
Like lineX.
Like kilbys condensor gaurd, (saved me BUT GOOD) I ate several rocks.
Like Bilstein 5100s .
Like snug top.
Like Cool Black Hose. Cold power intake, with supa dupa stock filter.

Love this board,,, ^^^^^ all this came from searching this forum and taking all the veteran responses.
Thanks I'm glad my thread has helped out so many people.

OP SSS
Old 05-06-2011, 09:37 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I want a ride in that Stang...

Call me sometime!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the honesty guys. Only thing I really regret is a FASS draw tube, POS. Just under half tank start loosing fuel pressure when I brake at stop signs. God knows what would happen in the mountains. Might have to go to a sump.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:07 AM

Just read all 23 pages, pretty good stuff.
My regret: trading a PAID for 03 2wd for a Slowstroke. NO regrets on any of the mods I did to the 03 (235 hp CA spec): Edge J/A w/ boost elbow ($350) modded air box (free), mia cat (free), Helo Max 8's ($350), sub/amp ($200). 203xxx when I got it, 231xxx when traded.
Looked decent, ran good, fun to drive, DEPENDABLE.
Won some, lost some. Always had fun and didn't break the bank.
Did research on here (thanks all), bought smart (used).
Will repeat process w/ 05
Old 07-26-2011, 06:23 AM

Mufflers, mufflers, and more mufflers

Have an '03 which was 3 1/2" piping so I decided to upgrade to a 4" exhaust system early on. Started with a MBRP turbo back system, too loud and terrible drone towing. Added an Aeroturbine 4040XL in addition to the MBRP exhaust same problem. Next a TAG exhaust guide, nope same problem. Thought the Rokktech Silent Might muffler would cure the problem, nope. Finally stock '06 muffler with the Aeroturbine 4040XL; life is much better with the wife and the pups.

In hindsight should have saved the cash and purchased good single malt whiskey instead.

L8r,..........dogger
Old 08-05-2011, 09:45 AM

I'll trade ya for my he351 that has 85000 km on it. .... It's a good deal honest.
Originally Posted by SlowSixSpeed
OK after 3 year's of starting this thread I'm finally regretting my Silverbullet. I had planed on going with larger injectors but never got around to it, so it's basically a stock 03 with a big Silverbullet on it. I bought it because I heard the stock 03 turbo's are weak and suck and the TNT could blow it up so when I saw one in the classifieds for $1,500 4 year's ago I bought it. I wish the 04.5+ turbo's wernt getting so expensive and rare so I could do that swap and still come out ahead but I dont want to do another turbo swap in my driveway, hopefully the smog tech doesn't notice it's stainless housing when I go in for smog.

Sure it make good power a few years back with the Smarty and MP8 at 475whp but with new emission law's and such I'm over it and just want something to pull my junk without all the ill effects of having to spool a 66mm turbo every time I shift.

Anyways Ive moved on with diesel performance, no thanks to the federal government and found a nice new niche car that I can legally mod to 750hp+ and come's with CARB EO number, and it already put down 521/493 on the dyno 100% STOCK

2011 Shelby GT500 w/ SVT performance pkg. 550hp stock and weighs 3,660 lb's w/ drag setup

Old 08-05-2011, 12:52 PM

Waiting so long to get Smarty!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by EZSlim
I am sure the CFM+ intake elbow helps bombed engines, but it didn't do anything for my mileage (whole intent of purchasing it). It also didn't offer any noticeable change other than a little more underhood noise. Again, I am sure it would help those who can push more air than stock, but it didn't do anything for me - I'd rather have put the $300 someplace else, especially when it endangered my warranty with the local dealer.
Same here. Intake and elbow just cost me a lot of cash to purchase and cost me mpg.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My regrets:
1. Installing a Trans-Go Shift Kit, only to rip it out a month later and buying a VB and torque converter from Goerend.
2. 4" Exaust from MBRP, Should have went to my 5" right away.
3. Starting with a 2.5" lift, pieceing together a 4.5" 8 months later, then two years later again making it a 6", then adding blocks and spacers to run a 7" lift. Then next year adding a set of long arms from BDS.
Should have just went to the long arm 6" BDS lift from the begginning, would have saved myself around $1500 and countless busted knuckles.
4. Rear add-a-leaf springs. Went through two sets trying to find additional towing capacity and a soft ride so my kidneys would not suffer while driving over potholes. Finally installed a set of rear air ride bags with a tank and compressor. Should have done that right away.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:02 AM

Buying anything BD. Have had problems with everything I bought and more issues with their customer service.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weld wheels - whatever 'triple dipping' they do for chrome is simply not enough for the salty Cleveland winter environment...they were pitted and looked like crap after 2-3 seasons. Of course, they were a custom run of wheels made for Kore, so there's no way to get a replacement. The good - the wheels were made custom with the exact factory backspacing - did not stick out/sling crap on the side of the truck...the bad - no warranty replacement options. Back to the boring stock wheels that have a durable coating..

Dynamat - helped, but not enough benefit for the time involved in terms of noise reduction. If I had an upgraded sound system perhaps..

Quick Reply: {{{{ List: Any mods you regret...HONEST}}}}}