Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-engine-drivetrain-2007-up-114/)
-   -   ISB CM2150 Changes And Overview (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-engine-drivetrain-2007-up-114/isb-cm2150-changes-overview-151481/)

Monty 05-17-2007 06:33 PM

ISB CM2150 Changes And Overview

{From Admin}

This article has been moved...

Click here to proceed.

gsbrockman 05-17-2007 09:55 PM

Very educational & informative post........wow, no lift pump !

Greg

PourinDiesel 05-17-2007 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by maynard3 (Post 1513331)
Very educational & informative post........wow, no lift pump !

Greg

Not on the engine...hasnt been one since 05 model year.

Monty 05-17-2007 10:03 PM

I edited the overview. From my sources in a meeting with Cummins, I was told that all 6.7ltr applications did not recieve a fuel lift pump since they were not needed due to the gear pump/high psi lift pump able to pull its own fuel. I can tell you that other applications outside of Dodge DO NOT use a lift pump.

However, it looks like Dodge did in fact go ahead and install a pump in the tank.

Sorry for the confusion

gsbrockman 05-17-2007 10:10 PM

For a minute there Monty, you had me thinking I'd lost it ! [duhhh]

Greg

zontral 05-17-2007 11:08 PM

Cool, Thanks for posting, I've been looking for some info like this for awhile.

realoldandcrust 01-26-2008 07:30 PM

How does the operator actually know when a regen is needed or in the process?

Hopper 07-16-2008 01:18 PM

A regen should be running almost any time you have your foot on the gas pedal. Works best if engine RPM is over 1200. If you have the cruise control on, regen will not occur. When your catalyst starts to get full, you will get a warning on your overhead, with a percentage starting at 70%. All you need to do is run your truck down a highway controlling speed with the gas pedal. On a full catalyst, it will take 30-45 mins to complete the regen cycle and clear out the catalyst.

Originally Posted by realoldandcrust (Post 1912487)
How does the operator actually know when a regen is needed or in the process?

DieselLady 10-05-2008 01:13 AM

OK, What's DOC stand for???? Please!

XLR8R 01-06-2009 09:05 AM

Diesel Oxidation Catalyst

DieselLady 01-06-2009 09:55 AM

Thanks!
Just one thing I would like to add to that article. Just to clear things up a bit.
"Passive" regen is what goes on pretty much when ever you have your foot on the throttle. Active regen happens much less frequently and only when the computer sees the need. For example in very cold climates, the truck will go into Active regen much more than it will in say Florida. THis is due to the fact that the exhaust can't maintain the heat needed to do a passive regen.
Also, I know, well at least on my truck it won't regen in park. I have questions about weather it will regen in cruise control or not. I would think that it would due to the fact that you can go for hours in cruise and I doubt they would shut it down for that long.
Also, maybe this is nit picking a bit, but just because the overhead says Cat full, doesn't necessarily mean that you need a new DPF. If it is truly clogged, well yes you will because they are not cleanable, BUT!!! If the truck is running well, then most likely it is not clogged! There are cases where the computer thinks it is clogged, usually when it can't see the EGT or O2 sensors and it will not regen for a long time. Usually around 80 to 100 miles. It will derate the engine, to help save the DPF but if the DPF is still clear you can reset the computer to default settings and it will be fine. The reason I bring this up is that the truck doesn't really make much soot at all and can go considerably farther than 100 miles before it will clog even without regenerating.
Like I said, Just an FYI.

jdinny 03-08-2011 07:49 AM

Great info
Thanks

Tobin 03-08-2011 08:46 AM

What does CM2150 stand for?

Tobin