3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Interesting situation, truck order declined

Old 05-27-2007, 09:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting situation, truck order declined

Back in early April my Dad ordered a MC 3500 dually 4x4 Laramie. After a few calls over the last few weeks trying to get some details on the build date or VIN the dealer finally responded and said DC is not going to build his truck!!?? They said he will have to reorder for a '08 model. What's up with that? I told him to contact some other dealers and see if the story jives. I haven't heard of any restrictions at the moment.
And to top if off he already sold the Superduty, so he's truckless.

MikeyB
Old 05-27-2007, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was told recently that the dealer was not accepting orders for '07's, now they are taking orders for the '08's .
Old 05-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Banned

good gosh are the lots that lite on trucks? come out this way, dealers have em by the boatload on the lots, why wait, walk in and drive home.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:15 AM

The problem is he wants an inferno red Laramie without the sunroof and DVD player but everything else. The dealership couldn't find one back in April.

MikeyB
Old 05-27-2007, 10:52 AM

I would have to think this is the DEALER'S fault! The factory only has so much capacity and there is a point in time when it is too late to order the current model year. The factory changes over to the next model year and it only makes sense that the previous year will not be available for order. The dealer needs to be in tune with the factories and relay the "do or die date" to the customer.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:35 PM

The dealer likely did not order it back when...

If he had, there would have been a VIN# issued shortly thereafter.

Now, I have been looking around for a fully loaded Megacab SRW also, and I cannot find the truck I'm looking for.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:18 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
MikeyB...........

........I'm guessing your selling dealer had no allocation and therefore the dealer's order was rejected. Perhaps they are a smaller dealer and don't turn as many trucks as neighboring dealers. Perhaps it was embarrassing for them to come forward and admit that they could not get your truck ordered.

I ordered my 3500 Megacab Laramie SRW 4x4 on 03/23/07 and got my VON immediately. On 03/27/07, I received the VIN. It was a total of nine weeks to the day from order placement to receipt of the truck to the dealer.....I pick up Big Blue bright & early Monday morning !

The current rebates will offset some of the "unwanted" options you'd rather not have. In addition, it may be sometime later in the '08 model year before DC offers any incentives, too. I'm quite sure there will be a small price hike on the 2008's as well.

Give the dealer a chance to 'fess up to what really happened.....maybe they could then dealer-trade a similar truck of your liking.

Good luck in your search......feel free to PM me if you want me to keep my eyes open in my neck of the woods.

Greg
Old 05-27-2007, 11:45 PM

or maybe it's another way of saying we havent gotten all the kinks out of it yet....or it's just what maynard said the dealer's not big enough...
Old 05-28-2007, 06:32 AM

The dealer is not small and it's a 5 star (for whatever that's worth). We believe one of two things might have happened. One, they never did order the truck, or two, they sold the truck to someone else for a higher price.

BTW, my Dad called another dealer on Saturday and they found a truck pretty much the way he wants it, just missing the SRS. The dealer is working to get the truck down here.

MikeyB
Old 05-28-2007, 10:03 AM

What is the SRS?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by bmoeller
What is the SRS?
Supplemental Restraint System (Side Curtain Airbags)

MikeyB
Old 05-28-2007, 12:54 PM

Sounds legit to me. The plant can only build so many vehicles. In Alberta, the Mega Cab orders were pretty much done May 1st. I find it amusing that everyone wants to blame the Dealer. Truth be known, the customers lie alot more than the dealers do.
NM
Old 05-28-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
The dealer is not small and it's a 5 star (for whatever that's worth). We believe one of two things might have happened. One, they never did order the truck, or two, they sold the truck to someone else for a higher price.

BTW, my Dad called another dealer on Saturday and they found a truck pretty much the way he wants it, just missing the SRS. The dealer is working to get the truck down here.

MikeyB
I think the 5 stars means Rude, Slow, Incompetant, Lazy, and Lousy
at least Ive always seen the worst service coming from 5 star dealers
Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by fbx22
I think the 5 stars means Rude, Slow, Incompetant, Lazy, and Lousy
at least Ive always seen the worst service coming from 5 star dealers
Sounds like my dealer. FIVE THUMBS DOWN!!!
TOMMY

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interesting situation, truck order declined