3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Big News!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big News!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got this in my e-mail from Chrysler, they are announcing it right now to the public..............................

Dear Colleagues,

I have some exciting news to share with you about an unprecedented new program that the Chrysler Group is announcing today.

As we prepare to transition to new ownership, we are focused on how we can send consumers a powerful message about our commitment to delivering outstanding products and a great ownership experience.

Right at the top of the list is product quality. Our quality must exceed the expectations of our customers –- because in the end, their opinion is the one that matters most. Simply put, quality must be in everything we do.

I believe –- as many of you do –- that we are capable of designing and delivering the best cars and trucks in the business. Now, we will offer our customers even more: the best warranty coverage in the business to back up our great products.

I’m very pleased to tell you that, starting today, we will offer our customers in the United States a new Lifetime Powertrain Warranty on most new Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles.

The program will be the first of its kind offered by any automaker, and it will apply to most new model-year 2006, 2007 and 2008 vehicles purchased from dealer inventory on or after July 26, 2007. The warranty will cover the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components.

As a team, we all have a responsibility to each other and to our customers to ensure the highest level of quality. This new program provides us with additional motivation to make it happen, and I ask all of you to support this companywide effort.

I also want to ask you, as an ambassador of Chrysler, to spread the word about the products we offer and the benefits of this unique new warranty program.

Thanks for your continued commitment to our customers and your focus on quality.

Steven Landry
Executive Vice President -- NAFTA Sales, Global Marketing, Service and Parts
Old 07-26-2007, 10:34 AM

lifetime warranty??? sweet!!!!!!! lets hope they keep that promise!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Banned

omg, I wonder if that applies for commercial use too. What a wonderful thing this will be if its true, thank god I held off my purchase for another week!!!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:16 AM
HOV

I wonder if this is just auto-for-life... in other words, you have to have all the servicing done at the dealer to keep it in effect
Old 07-26-2007, 11:16 AM

if they are going to life warranty 06 year models, why would they only do it on dealer inv purchased on or after july 26, 2007? Shouldnt it apply to ALL 2006 yr models, should matter when it was purchased? ....f'in bull
Old 07-26-2007, 11:29 AM
HOV

Originally Posted by deerefarm06
if they are going to life warranty 06 year models, why would they only do it on dealer inv purchased on or after july 26, 2007? Shouldnt it apply to ALL 2006 yr models, should matter when it was purchased? ....f'in bull
NO KIDDING. We missed the nice 2005 7/70 warranty, then we miss this?? What the?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:33 AM
HOV

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...706130346/1148
Old 07-26-2007, 11:38 AM

That would be nice...but I doubt it will ever happen before I hit 70 or 100K
Old 07-26-2007, 11:39 AM

Ok, I am starting to get some details, haven't gotten them all yet, but I don't think it is going to cover diesels. Not sure if it is just the engine or if all diesel powered veicles are excluded. I'll let you know as soon as I get clarification.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Banned

OK, ITS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOES NOT APPLY TO 2500 or 3500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP
Old 07-26-2007, 01:04 PM
zxa

you told crap??
Old 07-26-2007, 01:10 PM

Well of course it wouldnt apply to the trucks that actually work for a living and have a chance of breaking...i mean who would want a lifetime warranty on a work truck Stupid dodge...Why cant Cummins build a truck?!?!?!?
Old 07-26-2007, 01:12 PM

Here are the official details, let the complaining begin. With what so many of the diesel owners are doing to their trucks(chips, lifts, big tires, etc) I can see why they wouldn't want to include them. Heck, Chrysler would go broke from our dealership's claims alone with the amount of torn up moded trucks we work on.

LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY
2006 Model Year Vehicles and 2007 Model Year Vehicles and 2008 Model Year Vehicles
Sold and Delivered On or After July 26, 2007
Supplement to the 2006 and the 2007 and the 2008 Model Year
Warranty Information Books
At the expiration of the 3 year/36,000 mile Basic Limited Warranty, DaimlerChrysler Motors Company LLC extends to the original purchaser or retail lessee of
each 2006 model year, 2007 model year and 2008 model year Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep vehicle sold and delivered on or after July 26, 2007 limited powertrain
warranty for the lifetime of that original purchaser or retail lessee.
LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY
A. Who is Covered?
You are covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty if you are the first registered owner or lessee for use of the vehicle. Subsequent owners or
lessees, even if they are within the same family or business, are not covered. Successor business entities or persons to whom the vehicle is transferred by
operation of law are also not covered.
B. What’s Covered
The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair a powertrain component listed in section E below that is
defective in workmanship and materials. There is no coverage for towing in the event of disablement.
C. When It Begins
The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty begins at the end of the Basic Limited Warranty.
D. Excluded Vehicles
SRT vehicles, Sprinter vehicles, diesel equipped vehicles, all Ram Cab/Chassis vehicles, rental vehicles and government vehicles are not covered. Vehicles
used as a police vehicle, taxi, limousine, postal delivery vehicle, or ambulance are not covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty.
E. Parts Covered
The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty covers these parts and components of your vehicle’s powertrain supplied by DaimlerChrysler Motors
Company LLC:
Gasoline Engine: cylinder block and all internal parts; cylinder head assemblies; timing case, timing chain, timing belt, gears and sprockets; vibration
damper; oil pump; water pump and housing; intake and exhaust manifolds; flywheel with starter ring gear; core plugs; valve covers; oil pan; turbocharger
housing and internal parts; turbocharger wastegate actuator; supercharger; serpentine belt tensioner; seals and gaskets for listed components only.
Transmission: transmission case and all internal parts; torque converter; drive/flex plate; transmission range switch; transmission control module; bell
housing; oil pan; seals and gaskets for listed components only. NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY
TIME.
Front Wheel Drive: transaxle case and all internal parts; axle shaft assemblies; constant velocity joints and boots; differential cover; oil pan; transaxle
speed sensors; transaxle solenoid assembly; PRNDL position switch; transaxle electronic controller; torque converter; seals and gaskets for listed
components only. NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.
All Wheel Drive (AWD): power transfer unit and all internal parts; viscous coupler; axle housing and all internal parts; constant velocity joints and boots;
driveshaft and axle shaft assemblies; differential carrier assembly and all internal parts; output ball bearing; output flange; end cover; overrunning clutch;
vacuum motor; torque tube; pinion spacer and shim, seals and gaskets for listed components only.
Rear Wheel Drive: rear axle housing and all internal parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings; drive shaft assemblies; drive shaft center bearings; universal
joints and yokes; seals and gaskets for listed components only.
Four-Wheel Drive (4X4): transfer case and all internal parts; transfer case control module and shift mode motor assembly; axle housing and all internal
parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings; drive shafts assemblies (front and rear); drive shaft center bearings; universal joints and yokes; disconnect housing
assembly; seals and gaskets for the listed components only.
F. When Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty Does Not Apply
You are not covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty if you are a second or subsequent owner of the vehicle.
G. Inspections
In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty, the person or entity covered by this Powertrain Limited Warranty must have a powertrain
inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection
must be made within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the inspection performed to continue
this coverage.
H. Other Provisions of This Powertrain Limited Warranty
All other terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty including the Section 1 (Your Rights Under These Limited Warranties) and Section 3 (What’s Not
Covered) apply to this Powertrain Limited Warranty.
This document supplements the warranties and conditions described in the vehicle’s Warranty Information book.
No other coverages are altered or extended based on this supplement.
81-016-8057 Gas Vehicles
Old 07-26-2007, 01:18 PM

I dont think it has a thing in the world to do with us modding our trucks...like I stated previously, its because they know that most consumers who purchase a diesel powered truck are going to use it for work and they know stuff is going to break and they dont want to do all the repairs for nothing...

my 2
Old 07-26-2007, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by deerefarm06
I dont think it has a thing in the world to do with us modding our trucks...like I stated previously, its because they know that most consumers who purchase a diesel powered truck are going to use it for work and they know stuff is going to break and they dont want to do all the repairs for nothing...

my 2

Actually, I'd say about 50-60% of the diesel pick-ups I sell end up being nothing more than a commuter vehicle. I think it has everything to do with mods and what the trucks get used for in general. I got one customer who is in the pipeline business who buys new Dodges and keeps them at least 300k, they abuse the heck out of them, there is no way any company could ever give them a lifetime warranty.

Quick Reply: Big News!!!!!!!!!!!!