3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Codes and brake lights related?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 07:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Codes and brake lights related?

Truck has been really reliable with little to no big issues. Now our first decent cold spell was this weekend. Drove truck all day Saturday and then Sunday morning replaced the remote water sep and fuel filter (general maint). Went to take trash to the dump. Hit the brake leaving driveway and the Em Brake and ABS light come on. let off brake and they go out. Does this to the dump and back. On the way I notice I left interior light on all night. Plus we had rain on Sat. So I'm initially wondering if brake is froze up some or if low battery is throwing something off as it seems to get better the longer I drive.
Then the brake lights only seem to come on when I turn the wheel. But not always with the brakes applied. Which seems weird.

Driving into work this morning nothing. All seems normal. Then I get to parking lot and start to back in, turn wheel hard and bing. ****. On the way home again nada. Until I make u-turn to get into development. Then Em brake and ABS light come on and wont go off. I get in driveway and check CELs.
P2607
P0839
P0837
Look these up and one is the intake heater and the other are 4x4 codes.

So now I'm a little lost. Thinking the **** squirrles have eaten a wiring harness I checked all I could see tonight. All look fine. The brakes work fine and the truck drives as it always did. Trying to figure out is there something that would tie all this together?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
having the same problem with my 03.did u figure it out?