3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

OPTI-LUBE is the REAL DEAL!

Old 11-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by t-boe
I could care less if the claims here are true or false. The bashing is going to stop and you guys are going to be civilized. If you don't like his claims then look elsewhere.

It seriously worries me when someone with authority comes on and makes remarks such as yours.

You don't care if his claims are true or false? Are you serious??? Should we all make claims and no one else should be able to refute them?????

When we can no longer question, That's the point when these forums become useless.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:57 AM

This thread was turning south and I was putting a stop to it before it starts. If you want to dispute his claims use a little more tact. There is no need to jump all over him.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Roperteacher
I started using the Opti Lube XPD and Summer formula over the last few tanks of Diesel. Today was the first time I got to really test my mileage. Using the Summer blend ( 1 ounce treats 20 gallons!!!!) I drove 411 miles round trip, Unloaded, Highway miles, Cruise set at 65 ( Approx 2000 RPM) and I got 27.85 MPG. Hand calculated. I filled at the eaxct same pump when I left town and Refilled at the same exact pump when I got home... Truck runs great on it!!! at ONE ounce per 20 gallons, EXCELLENT results! Can't wait until this weekend I will be towing my large Living quarters horse trailer on the same route.. Will see if my towing mileage improves. So far very satisfied!
What size tires are you running and gears? 2k rpm at 65 is high, i am sitting at 1700rpm @ 65 with 285/70/17 tires.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by SSminnow
My favorite topic.....teh MPG claim Yeah, 6 MPG increase with an additive, the stories around here get taller by the day Wow, why don't you run JUST teh OptiLube and get 1000MPG, THAT makes more sense to me 27MPG out of our trucks, YEAH. Sure is funny how all teh real world claims, our trucks get 14-20 MPG, and along comes this mysterious needle in teh haystack truck taht gets more than 33%-50% better fuel economy than all teh other trucks. You need to check your math, as there is no WAY you are getting 27 MPG on #2 and DRIVING your truck. Maybe on Propane, or someone is pulling your truck, or you are driving 45 MPH, than MAYBE you are getting 27MPG. Other than those situations, it ain't happening.
I am also proof that these 2wd trucks get awsome fuel mileage. on straight highway driving I get 24-25mpg, in the city/hwy driving i get a constant 19-21mpg. I am not going to say getting 27mpg is impossible, but these 2wd trucks are impressive.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hell my 06 2x4 has got 25.9 as the highest mileage and averages 23 to 24 at 65 highway, "on paper" and I do average 15 to 16 towing my 25ft travel trailer at 60mph but it only ways about 6000 to 6500 lbs, so Im a believer, this is my first 2x4 since the 70`s I was leary at first but not now, love the 2 wheeler.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:29 AM

I love this, all these 4WD truck people get all pissy when us 2wd folks brag about our fuel milage. If you want good fuel milage, loose the front axle and the 35" tires with the 6" lift. Until then, be happy with your 16mpg!!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sevir
I am also proof that these 2wd trucks get awsome fuel mileage. on straight highway driving I get 24-25mpg, in the city/hwy driving i get a constant 19-21mpg. I am not going to say getting 27mpg is impossible, but these 2wd trucks are impressive.

My truck used to be 2wd also, and about 1/2 of teh other members here drive 2wd trucks, and I am on this. You guys go ahead, make your claim, make yourself feel better or whatever it is that makes you feel the need to make these claims I will never understand. Poor math, inaccurate odometer's, use of propane, driving at 45MPH, going by the overhead as you are coasting in neutral downhill, whatever it is, my challenge is still up for the grabs. Show me your 25+MPG truck in person, and I will personally start a thread on what an idiot I am for disputing these claims. I still will also stay with my original claim of giving ANYONE my truck if you can show me a 6 MPG gain by adding an additive. It seems noone wants to take any challenge that I propose, and instead, just talk and type here on a forum, ho-hum,
Old 11-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Banned

What size tires are you running and gears? 2k rpm at 65 is high, i am sitting at 1700rpm @ 65 with 285/70/17 tires.
He has a 6spd. They run higher RPM's on the highway.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Banned

I love this, all these 4WD truck people get all pissy when us 2wd folks brag about our fuel milage. If you want good fuel milage, loose the front axle and the 35" tires with the 6" lift. Until then, be happy with your 16mpg!!

As mentioned my truck used to be 2wd for almot 2 years and 60K miles or so, never anything remotely close to what you guys claim
Old 11-12-2007, 11:43 AM

mine sure wont do it. my 04.5 qc 2x4 auto 373 even running at 55 on flat ground will only get around 20. if you guys are getting 25 to 30 would you be willing to sell some of the "magic pixie dust" used to make this happen ? and do I sprinkle the truck with it or poor it in the tank or...should I sniff it up my nose through a straw? LOL just kidding is darn hard to believe these claims especially by some of us who have done so much to our trucks to improve mileage only to get tiny improvements.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:49 AM

Check out my sig, i am not stock by any means. All the mods i have done to my truck have been for fuel milage. Other then driving my behind all the way down to texas how else can i prove i get 24-25mpg?
I do drive at 65 on the highway and dont use cruise control to help me get these numbers
Old 11-12-2007, 11:53 AM

My truck was built the Last week in Dec 2006. It is one of the few 2007's with the NEW 6 speed G-56, not the lower geared one... I had an 06 that had the olower one, this one is the HIgher geared one found in the new 6.7 manual trucks. Personally, I could care less if I get bashed. Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. I would invite anyone of you to fly to California and meet me here, I'll fill my truck up, better yet I will let you fill it up. I'll put my opti lube in it, and we will go for a long drive and burn the tank, Heck Maybe take a trip to Phoenix AZ and back.. it's about 310 miles from me. FLat highway. Set the Cruise at 65 and I will let you fill it up again.... Do I have any takers??? But honestly, Bash away, I could care less. I te ach HIgh School for a living there is nothing that intimidates me anymore...
Old 11-12-2007, 11:56 AM

ONCE AGAIN..... IF YOU READDDDDDDD.... I am never claiming 6 MPG..... I went from 22-23 HWY unloaded @ 65 MPH to 27.8 Lets do the math together.... LOLOL 4.8 at BEST increase!
Old 11-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Banned

. Other then driving my behind all the way down to texas how else can i prove i get 24-25mpg?

Well, I said if someone can tell me I will get a 6MPG increase with an additive , I will drive to where ever they are, and give them my truck, and I mean it. Now, I am not sure if you are suggesting that an additive will give me an increase like that, or you are just making a statement about your outrageous MPG. If you are just making a statement about your mileage then we have another obstacle. Is there anyone in his neck of the woods willing to lay this to rest?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Roperteacher
ONCE AGAIN..... IF YOU READDDDDDDD.... I am never claiming 6 MPG..... I went from 22-23 HWY unloaded @ 65 MPH to 27.8 Lets do the math together.... LOLOL 4.8 at BEST increase!

WOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that is 4.8 to 5.8 MPG!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU READ!!!!!!

22 to 27.8 = 5.8 which is 6 MPG!!!!!!!!!!!

23 to 27.8 = 4.8 which is 5 MPG!!!!!!!

So, take me up on my offer....what do you have to lose, a few buck for my fuel????? And what to gain??? You get my truck!!!!! Heck of a deal if you ask me, ESPECIALLY since you are so positve your math is correct

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OPTI-LUBE is the REAL DEAL!