3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

New 6.7- 350hp and 650tq

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 10:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wonder how many bolt ons will work straight out of the box??? Marco better get started on the Smarty '07 I guess. I don't think the new emission restrictions will stop the BOMBing in the long run.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think what will be hit on the 07's on bombing is the programmers.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:40 AM

Size does matter

Looks like I bought my first dodge too soon. 6.7 v. 5.9 is a no brainer!
Old 08-29-2006, 01:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I first heard about the 305hp rating on the 6.7 Cummins, I thought to myself right then they were intentionally under rating them.

They may be under rating them even at 350hp. Better to hold a little back and surprize people than show all your cards right up front.

Reminds me of the 325/600 engine in 04.5. Then when the 05's came out they were 325/610 just so they could have bragging rights over the duracrap when it came out with the 605 tq rating for 05. There was never really any difference in the engines between the 04.5 and 05's unless it was a "flash" difference of some sort.

I am very happy with my truck and don't plan on trading for a LONG LONG time. But, im sure the 6.7 will work out fine........and there will be some master minds in the background finding a way to somehow Bomb them.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:48 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Casket Man
It says: Is This The End of the Second Musclecar Era?

Vehicles with astronomical horsepower, fuel prices skyrocketing accordingly, EPA mandated emissions stuff, trouble in the Middle East...

It's...it's...like 1973 all over again!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:26 PM

Yeah, I was hoping Dodge was sandbaggin the HP/TQ. Thats a pretty good starting point for bombing.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:22 PM

Now, lets see them compare the new ASIAN 6spd auto to the Dmax and the Powerstroke Auto's!!!! With the max tq on the Cummins coming in at 1500rpm- - - 200rpm lower than the Dmax and way better than the Ford, there should be quite a show!!!! As long as all three have the 4.10 rear gears!! Looks like the Big three are offering the same numbers to make the decision even harder for the guys out there that dont know what is what in Diesel Power!! I for one really love the power wars that we are seeing right now. I would put money on DCX to have a rating of at least 680tq when the trucks actually start moving off the assembly lines!!!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 04:56 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been needin a new work truck, I think Im goin to get an 06 and wate till at least 08 or 09 to try the 6.7. I just started with hot rodin a diesel, this new emissions stuff has me kinda worried. But it would give me a good excuse to put a 12 valve in a ford one day instead of buyin a new truck.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Casket Man
I got mine today,
However interesting enough... It says: Is This The End of the Second Musclecar Era?
If you like diesel performance as you know it today, buy a 2006 vehicle!
Starting January 1, 2007 the diesel car and truck engines you've come to know and love for their power , fuel economy, and lack of restrictions will only be found on used car lots.
Buy a 2006 vehicle!
I don't think this is even close to being true. Yes it may slow the process down but, when it is all said and done I think newer technology will raise the bar.

Sure there are hurdles to work through but, with newer, better injectors and more displacement the starting parts are better.

People thought the performance era was over back in the 70's. Now the emissions compliant cars are light years ahead of the older muscle cars. Look at the vettes, vipers, camaro's etc.

Now don't expect anything to come out in february if you buy the 6.7. It will take some time to get it right.

Quad
Old 08-30-2006, 06:57 AM

Why Does it say in the September Issue of DP that the HP/TQ are 305/610 am i missing something?
Old 08-30-2006, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tyler_02
Why Does it say in the September Issue of DP that the HP/TQ are 305/610 am i missing something?
I am wondering if the Sept. issue for the chassis/cab, had detuned numbers for the chassis/cab truck only to keep it from grenading driveline parts while pulling or working? And then the Regular HD versions get the 350 tune. I dunno, doesn't make much since if they do that, but what do I know... Just thinking out loud.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:46 AM

This has all been hashed over, like a dozen times already. Apparently a group of you don't pay attention.

The 6.7 ISB 305 hp engine is for the Cab and Chassis ONLY. The numbers for the regular HD have not been officially released yet. The numbers I've read and posted about back in APRIL are 325 / 650 for the HD trucks.

Also the Aisin is ONLY for the Cab and Chassis, at least that's again what I've read from a reliable source. The 68RE is going in the regular HD trucks. The fact that the magazine reports about the Aisin makes me suspect all of their info.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:21 AM

[/QUOTE]Also the Aisin is ONLY for the Cab and Chassis, at least that's again what I've read from a reliable source. The 68RE is going in the regular HD trucks. The fact that the magazine reports about the Aisin makes me suspect all of their info.[/QUOTE]

So what makes your source so much better than Diesel Power? I am a skeptic of DP also sometimes, but they legally can not give false info, so they must have something deffinitive in order to publish those numbers...

I for one, find it hard to believe that Dodge is gonna low ball the numbers on the HP and torque ust to leave room for growing later on. I mean, there are some people out there who only buy by what the HP is on the vehicle, and that could possibly lose a lot of sales for DC by keeping their HP number lower than the other BIG 2. My .02.

Not flaming here, but I think we should all wait till Dodge comes out with the numbers...
Old 08-31-2006, 08:56 AM

The source I quote has been proven reliable over on Allpar and has a consistent track record. He works somewhere within DC. Magazines publish false information all the time, not sure where you get the idea about the legality, but even IF it were, who's going to waste their time and money suing them?

The info on the 68RE comes from several who've posted here and other forums that are working on it or close to it, so I think they know.

I posted the info that was posted over on Allpar that included all of the 2007 options and the HP/ TQ numbers. This list certainly looked like an official listing with all the details, not just engine ratings. I suppose they can decide to make programming changes at the last minute to one up Ford / GM, but currently it's slated as 325 / 650.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Berak
Also the Aisin is ONLY for the Cab and Chassis, at least that's again what I've read from a reliable source. The 68RE is going in the regular HD trucks. The fact that the magazine reports about the Aisin makes me suspect all of their info.
It seems strange to me that DC would use two totally different 6-speed automatics for basically identical applications. It would be interesting to understand the reasoning behind that decision.

Rusty

Quick Reply: New 6.7- 350hp and 650tq