3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

HOWES Meaner Power Kleaner is by far the BEST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 05:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluebull
I feel generious today so I'll just keep my mouth shut.
BELIEVE ME

I was much more skeptical than you are!! LOL!

The only reason I bought the stuff was to try to get rid of the injector clatter that Power Service, Seafoam, and MMO could not get rid of! It was driving me crazy

Not only did Howes stop the clatter it even gave me better mileage! That's when I finally read the claims on the bottle!!

Rick
Old 12-23-2006, 05:29 PM

I use Hawes diesel treat, right from the get go, up here we need it for gel problems, but in the summer ran a couple of tanks without it and noticed that my mileage dropped a bit but not that much, I use it all the time now, seems to work just fine, but then my truck on the highway has always got over 20 mpg, on paper, best 25.9 , I like my wife but I love my truck.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gonna need to get my waders on in order to continue in this thread.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:11 PM

There are so many variables in the diesel fuel now days. It would be very hard for me to believe any of these high mpg numbers. When I was filling up the other day a person asked me what kind of mpg do I get. I said 25 mpg. He said you got to be kidding. I said ya, I figured I would lie to you before you lied to me. It doesn't really matter what the next guy gets. It matters what you get. But for the most part. There is no reason to come on here bragging about your high mpg you are getting. You shouldn't post out of reason mpg on here trying to convince yourself you have a one of a kind truck.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by 06dually
Gonna need to get my waders on in order to continue in this thread.
Originally Posted by goose2
There are so many variables in the diesel fuel now days. It would be very hard for me to believe any of these high mpg numbers. When I was filling up the other day a person asked me what kind of mpg do I get. I said 25 mpg. He said you got to be kidding. I said ya, I figured I would lie to you before you lied to me. It doesn't really matter what the next guy gets. It matters what you get. But for the most part. There is no reason to come on here bragging about your high mpg you are getting. You shouldn't post out of reason mpg on here trying to convince yourself you have a one of a kind truck.

I guess until you have tried the product you really don't have much of interest to say about it.

Whereas when you do try it you'll have a lot to say

Rick
Old 12-23-2006, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by goose2
Well said!!
Old 12-23-2006, 09:06 PM

got to try some of this stuff. How much is a bottle and what is the mix raito? I am lucky if I get 16.5 no load 11.5 to 11.0 to 10.5 with a load depending on the wind hills and so on and so on 70 to 75 MPH got as bad as 9.5 big head wind and 80 MPH with 18 to 19K on the back gold rush gooseneck like to know what you all get towing with the Howes that kinda weight
Old 12-23-2006, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by runamuk
I guess until you have tried the product you really don't have much of interest to say about it.

Whereas when you do try it you'll have a lot to say

Rick
I have tried it. Yes it did help. It gave me an extra 1 mpg.It moved me from 17-18 mpg. But ya, a far cry from a 25 mpg.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:09 PM

I don't get 25 mpg. But with a second gen I could see it happening pretty easily. Most 2nd gens are running over 20mpg unloaded anyway.

Rick
Old 12-23-2006, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by bluebull
Need clarification please,
Are you saying you use howes MC all the time since last spring but have not used it since you installed the bigger tires and when you added it back the mileage went back up?
yes,thats exactly what I said. I've been using up untill a month ago. I got the tires and mpg's went down. I used to get 16mpg in the city and and about 19 in the HWY. I started using HOWES and it went from 18 in the city and about 22 in HWY. I then got 33s and didnt use the HOWES and it went down to about 15 in the city and about 17 in the HWY and NOW I starting using the HOWES again, im back at about 17 in the city and 21/22 in the HWY. So Howes definelty makes a difference.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by 06dually
3 mpg?? And it cleaned your injectors?? Did you take them out and look at them?? I'm not saying it isn't a good product...but that sure is a heck of a claim.
The injectors is something I can feel. I use to have a rough idle, not really rough but more of like a shakey idle and I can feel the injector cleaner make a difference.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by runamuk
BELIEVE ME

I was much more skeptical than you are!! LOL!

The only reason I bought the stuff was to try to get rid of the injector clatter that Power Service, Seafoam, and MMO could not get rid of! It was driving me crazy

Not only did Howes stop the clatter it even gave me better mileage! That's when I finally read the claims on the bottle!!

Rick
That clatter drives me nuts! I use power service regularly and don't know if it helps anything. I also have that "shakey" idle at times. Does anyone know where to buy in SoCal? I've got a 600 mile trip with the trailer this week and that would be a good chance to clean up the motor.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by stang
got to try some of this stuff. How much is a bottle and what is the mix raito? I am lucky if I get 16.5 no load 11.5 to 11.0 to 10.5 with a load depending on the wind hills and so on and so on 70 to 75 MPH got as bad as 9.5 big head wind and 80 MPH with 18 to 19K on the back gold rush gooseneck like to know what you all get towing with the Howes that kinda weight
i would like to know the mix ratio also, oz to gal, what size bottle do yall buy?
thanks
Old 12-24-2006, 12:56 PM
wap

Ive been followin along and maybe I missed it but if someone could please give me a link so I can order a bottle I would apreciate it. I am more interested in the cleaning than the mpg, 16 MAYBE 17 is as good as I have ever gotten but its a big, strong, fast truck, if all I was worried about was mpg I'd be drivin a ford focus.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:57 PM

8oz Howes Meaner Kleaner per tank full (36 gallons) Call the number in the first few posts to find a distributor.

http://www.howeslube.com/products/index.php/category/10

Rick

Quick Reply: HOWES Meaner Power Kleaner is by far the BEST!!!