Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-engine-drivetrain-2003-2007-102/)
-   -   Help !! Warranty Issues (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-engine-drivetrain-2003-2007-102/help-warranty-issues-116299/)

RamThatStroker 09-13-2006 05:19 PM

Help !! Warranty Issues

I'm currently having warranty issues with my dad's 03 Ram with 62,000 miles with an in service date of 12/02. I took the truck in for a oil leak on the front timing cover which the dealer fixed. I thought that the work would be covered under the Cummins engine warranty and not the Powertrain warranty. After arguing with the service advisor to no avail I paid the $100.00 deductible and called daimlerchrysler customer service at which time I was told it should of been covered under the Cummins engine warranty with no deductible because my truck has been in use for less than 5 years. I was told to submit my receipt for reimbursement. I just received a call from DailmyerChrysler customer service and they told me I'm not going to get the $100.00 deductible back because it was valid and applicable under the powertrain warranty. The representative told me the cummins warranty only applies to internal lubrication[dummy]. I told her it explicitly states timing cover seals in the engine warranty.

Does anyone know what I can tell them or who I can contact to get this resolved??

Thanks,
Joe

bluebull 09-14-2006 08:30 AM

Take your warranty manual to the dealership and show them. Then demand your money back. If they refuse ask to see the owner of the business or his phone number or address.

Turbobob 09-14-2006 01:00 PM

That is BS! The cummins warranty also covers anything that Cummins put on the engine. I had an APPS go bad on my 2000 at 82K and it got replaced, free of charge. Your dealer is an idiot. get your money back.[dummy]

RamThatStroker 09-15-2006 05:06 PM

Well guys took your advice and went in and talked with the dealer and chrysler customer service some more. Just got a call from chrysler customer service saying they were sorry for the inconveince and that the dealer had made a mistake. They will sending me my $100 dollar refund on Monday!!

dodgezilla04 09-15-2006 05:08 PM

I have been grateful many times for the info and advice on this site. thses guys are great. well, must of them. ok, a few are pretty good, the rest are just chuckleheads. me included.[duhhh]

Jezzhuntin 09-15-2006 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04 (Post 1130118)
I have been grateful many times for the info and advice on this site. thses guys are great. well, must of them. ok, a few are pretty good, the rest are just chuckleheads. me included.[duhhh]

Ditto. this site just saved you $100 and it was free. do think I could find a lawyer for that price?

nchapa 09-15-2006 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by RamThatStroker (Post 1130115)
Well guys took your advice and went in and talked with the dealer and chrysler customer service some more. Just got a call from chrysler customer service saying they were sorry for the inconveince and that the dealer had made a mistake. They will sending me my $100 dollar refund on Monday!!

now go spend that money at the dtr store [guitar]

carcrz 09-16-2006 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jezzhuntin (Post 1130125)
Ditto. this site just saved you $100 and it was free. do think I could find a lawyer for that price?

No, but you may be able to tack legal fees onto the amount they owe you.