Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-engine-drivetrain-2003-2007-102/)
-   -   help me please rough smokey etc.. (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-engine-drivetrain-2003-2007-102/help-me-please-rough-smokey-etc-270518/)

vj_M 05-24-2010 01:41 PM

help me please rough smokey etc..

So, iam paying for a truck that i can't drive and i want to get to the issue.
(Truck in my Sig.)

i want to know IF i had a bad injector would it cause blow by? by loading up the cylinder and making the walls to slippery enough not to seat the rings....???

When i start the truck it smokes until it clears up with a few shots of the peddle. But if i let it idle it will get rough and start puffing blue/white-ish again.
i just took out the connector tubes checked them for defections and re torqued everything back to specs and made sure that they all "clicked" back together.
and it still does it.

thanks for any help
VJ

vj_M 05-24-2010 09:05 PM

nobody? come on help a fella out..

vj_M 05-27-2010 06:42 PM

bump.......

billie 05-27-2010 07:55 PM

Not sure how much I can help.

If you didn't put new rings in it then I don't think you have seating issue. As I understand, ring seating is just a break in procedure/evolution.

As to the rough/smoke, I would think you have significantly deficient injector(s) to fix.

Smithereen 05-27-2010 11:32 PM

It could be an injector that is slobbering.

vj_M 05-29-2010 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Smithereen (Post 2774473)
It could be an injector that is slobbering.

anyway to tell what one? without taking it to the stealler ship?

800rmk 06-01-2010 12:29 AM

mine will do it once in a while too, think I have an injector hanging up. try changing the fuel filter. run some fuel conditioner through it too. I run conditioner every tank, and change the fuel filter about every 5000 miles.

BigDiesels 06-01-2010 01:21 PM

The quickest way is to use a scan tool to perform the cylinder cutout test. It will turn off each injector one-at-a-time, and you listen for a change in engine sound. If you can't tell the difference, that will be your dead injector. The longer way to do the same thing is to take the valve cover off and manually disconnect each injector from the harness.

vj_M 06-01-2010 08:31 PM

ya i changed the filter (i have 5 spin-on's) 2 2 microns and 2 fuel water sep. and another 2 mic. on my slip tank. i added 1 can of sea foam to the last filter started er up and it just ran like crap for a bit tryed it again after a while and smoked out the neighbor hood tryed it again after a bit and same thing.. so then i drained the fuel tank added some fresh and put another can of sea foam in the last filter still didn't do nothing.. and now it sits again...... i can't really get it anywhere to put a scan tool on it so thats outta the question, i might try the disconnect thing tho.. but in the long run i'll have to buy a full set of injectors again because of the 90hp tips on these ones.