Electrical gremlins, won't turn over, accessories stay on with key out - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Electrical gremlins, won't turn over, accessories stay on with key out

Old 12-07-2017, 09:02 PM   #1  

Angry Electrical gremlins, won't turn over, accessories stay on with key out

Went out to start my truck for work this morning and first thing I notice is the radio is on, this is prior to me even getting in the truck to start it. I attempt to start the truck and nothing happens, won't turn over, don't even hear the starter solenoid try and kick. I turn the ignition off and take the key out, dash lights cycle through and door chime goes on. I try and jump it with my wife's car and still nothing. batteries on a charger all day and still won't turn over. One thing I did notice is when I turn the blower fan to off power gets applied to the gauge cluster.

For the past 2 months I've had the issue of my HVAC controls receiving power with the ignition off. I replaced the ignition switch twice to no avail.

Check engine light came on Monday morning with codes P0243 and p0480. No change in performance and the light went out later that day; however, the abs and brake light came on. Those went out and came back and have been on since. I have also noticed an electrical burning smell in the interior since then.

I did have it at the dealership last week for the airbag recall, called them but they claim no responsibility.

I would much appreciate any insight into this issue.

2004.5 2500 190K miles
8Lug_hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:31 PM   #2  

Update

Truck has been on a charger since Thursday. After my last attempt to start it the power locks have ceased to work. Any suggestions at all? Other than pushing this anchor into the closest reservoir
8Lug_hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote