3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Schaeffer oil products

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schaeffer oil products

Anyone use Schaeffer oils? I'm thinking about going to a synthetic engine lube and from what I've seen their's looks good.
Salty
03 2500 SB 4WD
Old 01-19-2007, 07:06 PM

It is... It is also less expensive than others of the same quality such as RP Redline and Amsoil... I have been running it for 3 years and I really like it... I switched my race car first (that I had been running M1 racing oil) and it dropped the engine temp by over 20*F and helped me to solve an over heating problem...
Less Heat = Less Wear + Extended Drain intervals = More Cash and Less Downtime. All Good.
I have switched everything from my truck to my logsplitter... Totally happy...

Oilguy
Old 01-19-2007, 08:10 PM

Schaeffer's not only makes good oil, but their product line from top to bottom is top notch (gear oils, trans fluids, diesel treatment, gas treatment products, hydraulic fluids, etc..). You can look at hundreds of UOA's on Bob is the Oil Guy from people using Schaeffer's products and let the results speak for themselves.

Schaeffer's Supreme 9000 5W-40 is a great extended drain oil that has great soot dispersing technology, flows well when cold, has good NOACK volatility ratings, and is tough as nails (even maintain its' viscosity in a 6.0 powerjoke diesel, which is know for shearing down every oil known to man).

I've used about every synthetic oil out there (also backed them up with UOA), and have looked at HUNDREDS of UOA's and IMO Schaeffer's products are hard to beat, especially when it comes to value for your dollar.

Here is a spec sheet on the 9000 series: http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/9000.pdf
Old 01-19-2007, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Oilguy
It is... It is also less expensive than others of the same quality such as RP Redline and Amsoil... I have been running it for 3 years and I really like it... I switched my race car first (that I had been running M1 racing oil) and it dropped the engine temp by over 20*F and helped me to solve an over heating problem...
Less Heat = Less Wear + Extended Drain intervals = More Cash and Less Downtime. All Good.
I have switched everything from my truck to my logsplitter... Totally happy...

Oilguy

Oilguy, which Schaeffer are you running in your truck? A friend of mine and also a drag racer is a distributer for them. He wants me to get it for my truck...I am so far inclined to do so after it gets some more miles on it.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:00 PM

ive been runnign Shaeffers in most of my equipment for about 10 yrs now.They make excellent products,when you order the oil,try the citrol cleaner ,and grease.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:13 PM

I just changed to schaeffers 7000 15-40. My truck had 22000 miles on it when I changed and I was using rotella.So far I think I'm going to realy like it I have 25000 on it now. Also we use it at work on our dozers and scrappers and always have good results with it and they run 24hrs. a day
Old 01-19-2007, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by John DiMartino
ive been runnign Shaeffers in most of my equipment for about 10 yrs now.They make excellent products,when you order the oil,try the citrol cleaner ,and grease.
The citrol cleaner is some salty stuff. Are you using the #238 moly plus grease? That stuff is great for bearings.....I have a buddy of mine that went cross country pulling a trailer and one of his dust caps flew off and lost ZERO of the Schaeffer's grease. It's some tacky stuff.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:37 PM

[QUOTE=Arkapigdiesel;1309576]The citrol cleaner is some salty stuff. QUOTE]

You aren't brushing your teeth with it are you????

I use the Citrol a lot. Works pretty good on most gunk. I have soem of the grease, but I haven't used it yet. Lots of my buddies use it and on occasion I get it on me....it really sticks. Takes some doing to get it off you.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel Avenger
Oilguy, which Schaeffer are you running in your truck? A friend of mine and also a drag racer is a distributer for them. He wants me to get it for my truck...I am so far inclined to do so after it gets some more miles on it.
Supreme 7000 15/40 here...
Also the Citrol is great stuff... It cuts my clean up time on my rig in half compared to WD40!
Also... I am using the 238 Grease... (with the Red Dye) I have switch all of my customers over to it and after 3 years I have noticed a BIG reduction in the number of big rig U joint replacements and Lube related downtime... I talked to the fleet manager after running it for 2 years in his fleet of 600 pieces of equipment and asked him about the reduction... (I forgot to tell him that I had switched ) and He said that the lack of downtime for Lube related issue was very stark! PLUS I am using half as much grease!!! That saves me money!!
Normally I pumped about 30 shots of grease into the average big rig ujoint with regular Lithium base grease... (6-12 Yard dumptrucks/ Road Graders/ 18 Wheelers etc..) now with Scheaffer Moly 238... I pump in about 10-15 shots which means that I get 0 washout and it is not melting down and slinging it out... The film strength is much much stronger and it has reversibility which means that in a pinch point>> the grease sucks back into the shockzone when the pressure is relieved to keep all the parts lubricated.
BTW... Fleet manager was happy about the change.... I was told to inform him of other changes Before they are made
That is my stamp of approval!
Plus I have been running my trailer (tandem Axle 5000lbs) for over 300,000 with the original hubs and bearings... Grease it every 10-15K miles....

Oilguy
Old 01-20-2007, 12:14 AM

Thanks, Oilguy. That is what I was looking for. You are closer to me geographically and thus temp wise. I'll see what it'll run me later. I still have about 20,000 miles to go before I can use it on the '07.

I have been considering the grease for my big trucks as well. If it helps the joints that much, I am positive it will help the brakes and auto adjusters. That would be cool. Less adjusting is always a good thing. Really can't complain now anyway. Most of them stay in adjustment for about 3000 miles anyway. That ain't bad for a dump truck, IMO.

Race car.....you race much in Marion??
Old 01-20-2007, 01:52 AM

Can't go wrong with Schaeffer's--I am using their 9000 oil in every engine I own, and all the UOAs are phenomenal. Penetro is a miracle product. I have never seen anything break rusted parts loose so quick, and it stays lubricious for a looooong time. I spray it on the doors of my trailers and it is amazing how easy they turn--you wouldn't think they could turn so easy, and you only need to do it once a year, even if they sit outside. I am also using their fuel additives, I particularly like Soy Shield--really bumps the MPGs, quiets things down. I have also had great luck with Neutra as an engine flush and gas additive, and their grease is second to none.

I haven't gotten into their gear oils or Tractor fluids yet, as I have been sticking with Amsoil just because it works so darn well it is hard to switch. Even though it is pricy is lasts just about forever. Know a guy with Amsoil tractor fluid in some Deere equipment that has been in service 12 years and it is still good. Whenever mine is ready to go, I will probably switch to Schaeffer's as I have a great rep, the price is right, and he drops it off in my shop.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:43 AM

Dont forget about fuel additive Schaeffers Neutra-Plus 192. Great stuff!
Old 01-20-2007, 12:00 PM

I've run Schaeffer's Diesel Treat 2000 in my trucks for three years now. One gallon of the DT2K Summer Formula treats 4000 gallons of diesel. They also make winter blends (one gallon treat 2000 gallons of diesel).
Old 01-20-2007, 12:08 PM

where are you guys getting this stuff?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by dhughe2
where are you guys getting this stuff?
Go to http://www.schaefferoil.com/ and call them. Ask them for a rep in your area and your local rep can fix you up.

Quick Reply: Schaeffer oil products