3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

new '2262' club member....short rant

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry new '2262' club member....short rant

MIL came on last week.... code 2262. I got it to clear through a spirited drive around town. Yesterday it came back on. I'm going to get to the dealer as soon as I can.

What is the overall feeling on driving it with the MIL light on(with this code)? My concern here is wether or not I will be denied warranty if they say I should've parked it. It is not de-rated nor are there any other problems. I believe a new turbo is in my future - with a quick stop at the 'de-soot' store......https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...new1/duhhh.gif

The service writer I spoke to today just looked at the ground and shook his head. Me too.

So once I get it back there are two options - do nothing and go through his again - or DELETE stuff and void the warranty. Of course I could unplug the EGR. That might keep it clean till the warranty runs out. I think I'll tell the wife to drive faster!!

What delete kit - K2?
Old 02-27-2009, 08:18 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
When I got my truck with 14k on it, it came with that code stored in it. Now it has 25k. It has never come back on nor did it hamper it in anyway. Heck, I drove it a week before I ever hooked it up to find that out. I do alot of city stop and go in my 35 mile to work trip(quite a few stoplights and bumper to bumper). I do drive it everyday and it sees very little highway mileage on a regular basis. I DO use the exhaust brake all of the time and I use the Auto-stick as well. As soon as I can't maintain 55-60 or better I knock it down to 5th. When I'm in the city or any town area, I kick it down to 4th. My truck is hardly ever in D. I know it seems like alot of things to keep up with, but I assure you that it will become second nature in a short amount of time. I have had more manual trans vehicles than autos, and I'm use to all of the control that they give so it is not an issue with me. I truly feel that this tranny is the perfect combo of the two.

On the other hand, If you don't want to keep up with all of the manual shifting stuff, just use TowHaul mode with the exhaust brake all of the time. Anything to keep the load on the motor and to keep the engine from lugging below 1400 RPM's. Hope this helps a little. There are many people who are having these code issues and I believe more who are not. It's not just about driving it hard all of the time to keep it clean. It's just a matter of paying a little more attention to your driving style.

Chris
Old 02-27-2009, 10:47 PM

That was the talk I had with wifey - use the gears, stay in 4 around town, always use exhaust brake.

The good news is the light went out! It was on for 5 cycles of the key. We'll see how it goes.

It is good hear about ratlratl's story, I thought once you see the light, its over...
Old 02-28-2009, 12:10 AM

unplug your EGR and don't look back!! Chaces are you won't see it again

Chris
Old 02-28-2009, 05:42 AM

i ran the holy he!! out of mine and still had trouble. haven't looked back since the deletes. over 10,000 miles with ALL of the emissions **** gone, and the truck hasn't missed a beat.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tow/haul and the ExBrake as much as you can is supposed to help keep the soot at bay.. I have unplugged the EGR as well and I hope never to see that code. FWIW the "regular" auto settings are stupid, way too much chugging around in OD and I don't know how thats supposed to help with the mileage or soot buildup.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:00 PM

......and having the latest updates in the ECM "net zero" will aid in preventing soot build up also.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:12 PM

Well, once you unplug the EGR you won't have to worry about the CEL for the 2262 code but your wife WILL have to stare at the constant CEL from disconnecting the EGR. That one will not go away. She will get used to it. Did anyone mention that simply doing this will probably net you 2-4 extra mpg?????
Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Chapter President

Ya, thats what I read about it. If it gives me 1 mpg I would be happy and the less soot the thing sees, the better IMHO...
Old 03-11-2009, 07:34 PM

So it's going in friday for the 2262 code. I'm hoping they change out lots of those smog parts for new versions. Then I'll consider pulling the egr. If anything to bet the mileage!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 PM

there aren't "new" versions. same crap with the same problems. the only thing that has changed is the port in the turbo and different flashes. if your willing to pull the egr, why not just go all the way and make it right?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey Master,

Did you do the cooler delete too. I got the EGR unplugged and will be doing the delete shortly soon as I make it home, and was wondering if there was any advantages to doing the full delete.

Oops just re read your sig.... Sorry. So any advatages to doing the cooler delete too.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:37 AM

i noticed the exhaust brake being stronger and louder (substantially) after the cooler delete. the only other reason is that it just gives you quite a bit more room around the motor to work. it won't hurt to leave it, but it'll just be another 25lbs or so of useless material under the hood if you don't.