3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

while the tranny pan is down..

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Lost Lake or others,

Would you happen to have the part numbers for the Solenoid and sensor?

Getting all the parts for my 50k check up... Yay...
Old 11-12-2011, 06:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Go to this page:
http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm

The solenoid conversion kit is 2/3 of the way down the page. Part #REC costs $149.
The sensor is about half way down, just a 48RE pressure sensor, about $75. You can shop around for the sensor, I got mine from this website after shopping for a couple hours and finding them cheaper, but then shipping would be like $20.

This website is a big one, you will find all kinds of parts and information on this page.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lost Lake
Go to this page:
http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm
This website is a big one, you will find all kinds of parts and information on this page.
HA ! haven't seen that site in quite awhile. I have some history with these guys. Bought one of their hopped up 700R4 trannys (the Raptor) for my K5 Blazer about 9 years ago. Just outside the 6mo. warranty the torque converter failed which led to a string of events and catching the truck on fire. On the first few attempts, Don the owner would not cover the trans. It took the combined efforts of a site like this one and it's members to rain down upon him with great vengeance and furious anger (thanks CK5.com) to get him to take care of business. Long story short, i shipped him the trans back for him to go thru, and replace the TC. (in his defense, the TC was not his product, but one he buys out.) The rest of his product, the tranny itself has been bullet proof for the past 9 years/ 60k miles. Most of them towing. I would not hesitate to buy from him again. I think he does make a good product.

But back on topic with this thread. This post has been very enlightening for me and at 100k now with my 04.5 i suppose it's time to make some adjustments and upgrades as well.
Thanks guys, love this site.