2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Your Dash cracked?? Need Info...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Your Dash cracked?? Need Info...

Ok guys.. We're on a mission... I'm gathering data.. and a friend is doing the pushing/contacting leg work... We have been talking with Dodge, about the cracked dashes on the trucks.. (mainly the 98-02's).. They wanted to know how many were cracking.. because they acted like it was something they had never heard off... (almost everyone I know of is cracked..) You can purchase just the upper half.. (I have one.. but its the labor that is the killer.) We are trying to push for a recall on the dashes...
I know this is personal information that they are looking for.. and I hate to ask for it.. but its what they are asking for... to keep this information private, you can PM me or send me an email...
Thanks for any help guys...
Bryan

This is what they are asking for...
Owner &/or orginal purchaser.. (this can be traced by Dodge.. Not required.. but wanted.
Where the truck was purchased.. (Not a required.. but wanted.)
Model.. (Ram 2500)
VIN..
Miles... (This is the one that we are fighting them against.. who cares how many miles the trucks... what's that have to do with the dash??? If you don't want to share the miles for warrenty info.. just give over **** miles..
Again.. I know this is sensitive information and it will only be shared with Dodge...

PM or Email
JDGnutt@aol.com

Edit: You can also call 800-992-1997 and make a complaint.. (Customer Service)
Old 10-02-2005, 05:53 PM

I'll get it to you. Since my dash wasn't cracked til you saw it

Jeremy
Old 10-02-2005, 05:57 PM

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but...recalls are only issued for Safety related items. I don't really think the Gov't or DC is going to consider a cracked dash to be safety related and therefore if you are out of your basic warranty I don't see how you are going to get them to do anything about it unless I am missing something? Recalls are actually issued by Gov't agencies (NHTSA) and are the result of any problem that will cause accident or injury. The way they are started are by people reporting issues to this gov't agency and if enough of the same safety related issues are reported a recall is issued that the manufacturer has no choice but to fix regardless of warranty remaining.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sent info via email.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IF the info is indeed for Dodge, why don't they just pull up their info for warranty claims for the affected part. They can do that. I have seen three dashes replaced over the years, and probably noticed three more that were cracked.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Chapter President

Mine started down by the windshield and were not very long when I first noticed them. I don't know when they really started, because I just happened to see it in the reflection off the windshield one day. That's not someplace us short folks can see very easily. By then it was out of warrenty (+70K) and I was told by the dealer that they wouldn't fix it.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:26 PM

JBody... Well that is the other problem.. No one seems to be calling in the information to Dodge...... If you want to turn in the information.. Call 1-800-992-1997. The person we talked to said he would NOT EVEN REPORT my problem.. He did talk to his supervisor.. (this is after we went a few levels up.) (I'm not going to name the person.)
Well.. on the Recall.. I agree... is usually a saftey item... but they will pay for replacement or partial payment on items, even if the truck is well out of warrenty... I know of more than a few trucks, that have been repainted because of the paint peeling, when the truck was 5-6yrs old with 150K... If they can pay a few thousand to repaint some trucks.. they can replace some cracked dashes...
Bryan
Old 10-02-2005, 08:41 PM

Never seen one cracked dash....and I looked at a LOT of CTDs before I bought the 2 I own. Must be that heat down in Texas.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 97 is cracked. It only has 77000 on it.
Chris
Old 10-02-2005, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Never seen one cracked dash....and I looked at a LOT of CTDs before I bought the 2 I own. Must be that heat down in Texas.
It must be the heat... because I only know of one that not cracked... I know there are others that are not.. but started walking through the parking lots.. and everyone one I see is cracked...
many times it doesn't look cracked until you really start looking close...
Old 10-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Administrator

I've used a sun shade since day one, and mine is not cracked.

Not quite Texas heat, but we have some scorching summer days.

phox
Old 10-02-2005, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by JDGnut
It must be the heat... because I only know of one that not cracked... I know there are others that are not.. but started walking through the parking lots.. and everyone one I see is cracked...
many times it doesn't look cracked until you really start looking close...
Actually, theres been plenty of posts on here about this topic before. I think its probably the combination of the heat and the UV rays from the sun.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Banned

I know mine's not cracked but I'm waiting on it.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:15 AM

Mines cracked!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Banned

Mine is cracked pretty bad and I only have 88K on mine.............put a dashmat on so I never see it!!

Quick Reply: Your Dash cracked?? Need Info...