2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Water in Cab on Passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 08:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi yall. I know this is an older post, but I'm sure I have the same issue (water on pax floor). But, I've done a bonehead move.... before doing my research, I found the drain tube and kinda sorta in a way tried to bend it downward slightly.. snapped clean off (aarrgghh). I then attempted to reattach it with some gorilla glue (arrgghh)..the stuff swelled too much. Long story, now I think I'm going to have to pull the dash, drop the box and maybe replace the box simply to have that drain tube. (sigh) I have about 190K miles, so I have questions (shudda asked first time):
1. figure I might as well replace the heater core since that will eventually go bad.
2. figure I might as well also replace the evap core since that will eventually go bad.
3. MAIN QUESTION: If I just want to repair that drain tube--is there a simple method that doesn't involve removing the dash, disconnecting all the heater hoses, draining the a/c from all freon, draining all the anti-freeze....
4. If I DO decide to replace all those other "cores"...I know how to replace anti-freeze. But I do not know about a/c freon...neither the "draining" process, nor the filling process. Figuring if I do the a/c, I'll just take it to mechanic and let them refill the freon.
5. I see talk of removing the blower. I assume the blower is that cylinder looking thing on the far pax side. Need instructions for removing that and reaching up to where the drain tube is (was....).

pls be gentle... d