Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/2nd-gen-dodge-ram-no-drivetrain-90/)
-   -   Water in the cab (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/2nd-gen-dodge-ram-no-drivetrain-90/water-cab-211415/)

heykw 07-17-2008 02:25 PM

Water in the cab

I am having an issue with water on the floor boards of the truck, drivers and passenger side. It has been raining a lot lately. It seams like it is comming in from the cowl help please this is a nice 96 extra cab and has very little if any rust and I wat to keep it that way thanks

seahawkdodge 07-17-2008 02:51 PM

Probably a blocked drain from your evaporator/heater core box. The drain should be in the engine bay, at the bottom of the box. It is a rubber drain, and usually gets packed with dirt/bugs.

TallTom 07-17-2008 03:32 PM

Check the seal around the 3rd brake light on the back of the cab. Lots of people have had to re seal those to keep out the rain.

You can check that one with a garden hose have someone spray it while you look for leaks on the inside.

TallTom

Kenny D 07-17-2008 03:42 PM

I had a cracked cab indicator light and it was comming in my overhead 12 buck for a lenz at the dealer. I know most of us are in a water shortage but you could use the water hose to pinpoint it a litle bit

heykw 07-17-2008 04:57 PM

Checked the a/c drain line, it was not plugged put their was no rubber line attached either so I add one to help get the water away from the fire wall I also pressurized the cab and used some soapy water to check for leaks and it blew mucho bubbles around the brake light so I silicone it up. I also have a sliding rear window and it appears to be coming in between the glass ware it slides.

seahawkdodge 07-17-2008 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by heykw (Post 2149988)
Checked the a/c drain line, it was not plugged put their was no rubber line attached either so I add one to help get the water away from the fire wall I also pressurized the cab and used some soapy water to check for leaks and it blew mucho bubbles around the brake light so I silicone it up. I also have a sliding rear window and it appears to be coming in between the glass ware it slides.

At least you found it. I've had to seal the plastic cover in my roof, and the third brake light as well, but neither of those leaks ever made puddles on my floorboards. Of course, if yours is a regular cab...

Sidewinder 07-17-2008 05:55 PM

If you have roof lights you may want to check them too. I had a cracked one and the water ran down the A-piller from the roof to the floor.

heykw 07-17-2008 06:53 PM

I wish I did have roof lights. now I need to dry out the interior to see if I have fixed the leaks.

MKELLY 07-18-2008 11:27 AM

My leak was coming in from the rear window seal. What a pain. Had to have a glass company replace the window and the seal. They said you have to break the window to remove it. Good Luck