2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Vibration at high speed after stopping or taking big curve

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration at high speed after stopping or taking big curve

Hello,

i have a 96 dodge ram 2500 12v manual long bed crew cab 4x4. I have this really strange vibration at about 70. It is very intermittent, if i am on the hi way and i get the vibration i will take the next exit make a u turn or just do a figure eight and then i get back on the hi way and its smooth as can be. Then if it is smooth and i take a break or get fuel, as soon as i get back on the hi way the vibration starts again. It seems like something is shifting to cause the vibration. I have replaced the tires 3 times and returned to the oem 245's(which makes my truck look very small). I got rid of the aftermarket wheels and went back to stock wheels. I have replaced almost all of the front end parts. Checked drive line parts. I did notice my rear sway bar was loose so i tightened that with no luck.

I think the worst part is that i know my truck has the capability to drive smooth on the hi way and then it vibrates and drives me nuts. I know a lot of people have vibration issues, but any help would be much appreciated.