2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Post here what the Kool-Vue tow mirror loo like

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have a part # for the support brackets from Mopar? I want to order some from my dealer, but want to have a part # to give them.

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mrploww
Does anyone have a part # for the support brackets from Mopar? I want to order some from my dealer, but want to have a part # to give them.

Thanks!
I have a set of OEM heated power tow mirrors I am putting on my truck and would like to know the part numbers as well.
Also, does anyone know the wire color hookups?
Thanks!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:26 PM

Beyond that, can someone lay out what, besides the mirrors themselves, do you need to complete this job? I've heard you've got to carve here and sand to shape. mounting bracket. Bolts are too small? How does it all fit?
Old 03-10-2008, 06:01 PM

If you have tow mirrors allready you'll have the support plates but need this stuff
switch assembly 56021 311
switch **** 56007040
plastic nut 06503107
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...spagenameZWDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE...em260218136235

If you have the smaller heated mirrors you will need the support plates(don't know the part numbers) and the mirrors above.

One bolt hits the switch in the door so you can either shorten the bolt or cut abit of the rubber off of the switch.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:09 PM

Anyone have the numbers for the support brackets?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:23 PM

Would you be able to use any on/off toggle switch for the mirrors and would they automatically turn off after a certain amount of time like the factory ones or would you have to use the button setup like the factory ones?
Thanks
Old 03-10-2008, 08:37 PM

I think you could wire up the heat through a toggle switch, but then they wouldn't turn off untill you turned the switch off.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:47 PM

I'm sure you could get an OEM relay from a junkyard; the same one they use to turn the mirror heat off from the factory.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by dieselbeef
oh yeah..thats what im talkin about...im gettin a set. are these the ones offa ebay?
yeah they are the kool-vues
Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by xp8103
Beyond that, can someone lay out what, besides the mirrors themselves, do you need to complete this job? I've heard you've got to carve here and sand to shape. mounting bracket. Bolts are too small? How does it all fit?
The mirrors are "replacements" so they don't come with any mounting hardware because they assume you will have existing hardware. I think someone has posted the part numbers of the plates already. If not I can go look up my invoice from dodge plates are were $15 bucks a side and you can purchase the nuts from dodge or go with some from a hardware store. The only difference between the nuts from dodge and some from a hardware store is a built in washer and about a $3.00 price difference per nut ( guess whos higher). Some guys are replacing the stud on the drivers side mirror with a bolt or if you are crafty with a die grinder you can modify your switch a little. Other than that you might purchase some new door clips or just reuse your originals.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:25 AM
Muted User

Originally Posted by gilbertsdodge
yeah they are the kool-vues

thanks they look great..ill be callin today. anyone come up with the numbers for the support plates. ive got heated power but not towing so i need them as wel correct as i read it. thanks guys...

this place is awesome....

headlights are next.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:27 PM

[QUOTE=gilbertsdodge;1990129]...I think someone has posted the part numbers of the plates already. If not I can go look up my invoice from dodge plates are were $15 bucks a side ...QUOTE]

Would you please post those from your invoice when you get a chance?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned

sorry I'm a little confused. So with the mounting plate these will work on my '97? I don't have the heated mirror button, but I really don't care if they heat or not. But those mirrors look great. I'm tired of having to take my original off and tighten them up.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by cuccamonga
sorry I'm a little confused. So with the mounting plate these will work on my '97? I don't have the heated mirror button, but I really don't care if they heat or not. But those mirrors look great. I'm tired of having to take my original off and tighten them up.
No there are not plates on the only style mirrors, they just bolt to the sheet metal which is not enough to support the larger mirrors. There are plates that sandwich the door frame to create more support, if no one post the part numbers by tomorrow I will post both parts numbers and a how to on replacing stockers with towing mirrors.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Purplezr2
No there are not plates on the only style mirrors, they just bolt to the sheet metal which is not enough to support the larger mirrors. There are plates that sandwich the door frame to create more support, if no one post the part numbers by tomorrow I will post both parts numbers and a how to on replacing stockers with towing mirrors.
Perfect!
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Post here what the Kool-Vue tow mirror loo like