2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Dash Cover or Dash Top install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 04:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dash Cover or Dash Top install?

I just purchased a 2001 Ram 4x4 Diesel from Portland Oregon. The dash has a carpet cover on it and I absolutely hate it. Removing it I found cracks only, no holes at this point.
So, what is the best solution? I am sure it is a new Dash Top install, but like anyone else, I really do not want to do that.
So, do the plastic glue on covers work and look ok? Will the dash stop coming apart once they are applied?
Does the quality vary between sellers?
PM me if you like.. Thanks.. Gary
Old 03-19-2018, 03:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The LMC dash is the best, my buddy does them & flips Dodges.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:00 PM

Dashes or caps?

Originally Posted by 04ctd
The LMC dash is the best, my buddy does them & flips Dodges.
I don't know the language that well. The dash top is the actual dash top? What do you call the skin you glue on?
Old 03-19-2018, 06:01 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
The dash on my truck deteriorated really badly, became super brittle and pieces started to fall out, so bought a dash mat to cover the unsightly holes. It was OK, but I never really liked the appearance that much. Did some research and bought a dash skin from a company that at that time was rated the highest on the internet. Sorry, but I cannot remember their name and cannot find the receipt. I was very impressed with their product. Other than some very minor edge trimming per their detailed instructions, both parts fitted perfectly. Don't remember any more, but think that the install took less than an hour. The color matched too. Very easy install. It has now been on for about 5 years and still looks perfect. Looking at it, one would never know that it is not a factory dash.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
The dash on my truck deteriorated really badly, became super brittle and pieces started to fall out, so bought a dash mat to cover the unsightly holes. It was OK, but I never really liked the appearance that much. Did some research and bought a dash skin from a company that at that time was rated the highest on the internet. Sorry, but I cannot remember their name and cannot find the receipt. I was very impressed with their product. Other than some very minor edge trimming per their detailed instructions, both parts fitted perfectly. Don't remember any more, but think that the install took less than an hour. The color matched too. Very easy install. It has now been on for about 5 years and still looks perfect. Looking at it, one would never know that it is not a factory dash.
The brand did not happen to be Accuform did it? Supposedly they were the first one to make a dash cap.