2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,

Hey guys thanks for checking this out, I've come across a after market bumper, I need to know if anyone can id it. I would like to install w/ the orignal mounting brackets if I can find out what bumper I have, otherwise I'm into the fab stage then I would like some imput as to what would be the best way as in ease and optimal steel gage etc etc,,
Thanks loads for any imput,,
Attached Thumbnails Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,-pc050013.jpg   Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,-pc050014.jpg   Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,-pc050011.jpg   Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,-pc050012.jpg   Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,-pc050010.jpg  

Old 12-05-2007, 04:57 PM

I have no idea but that is an assume looking bumper. May need a little paint but good solid looking bumper. Whered you find it?
Old 12-05-2007, 05:30 PM

It found me, a guy who saw my ad, looking for an aftermarket bumper, contacted me, and made me a offer.
Thanks man
Old 12-05-2007, 08:49 PM

That Looks Like It Is Made For A Ford
Old 12-06-2007, 07:51 AM

UUllppp,, Are you making that call because of the shape, lights, tubes,? In your mind what makes you think that? And if your feel that sure, what year would you place it at?
Thanks
Old 12-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that is a beefy looking bumper, but I would agree with mattiebob - looks like a ford bumper.

I say this because of the shape of the grill guard (square like the front of ford trucks). Any mainly because the top of the bumper is not flat like the top of factory dodge 2nd gen bumpers. notice on fords (and 3rd gen dodges) how the grill "dips" down lower than the headlights.

If it is for a ford, it's probably for a 98-05 (or whatever years that body style is!)

however, its a nice bumper and it wouldnt be impossible to fit to your truck.

If you want to make your own, there are lots of people on here who can give you advice. I just opened a business making bumpers and accessories, so I can send you pictures and details of products as well as recommendations for steel.

good luck, -Evan

also, those are not dodge mounts.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MATTIEBOB
That Looks Like It Is Made For A Ford
Originally Posted by pappyscrapster
UUllppp,, Are you making that call because of the shape, lights, tubes,? In your mind what makes you think that? And if your feel that sure, what year would you place it at?
Thanks
Originally Posted by EvanHouse
that is a beefy looking bumper, but I would agree with mattiebob - looks like a ford bumper.

I say this because of the shape of the grill guard (square like the front of ford trucks). Any mainly because the top of the bumper is not flat like the top of factory dodge 2nd gen bumpers. notice on fords (and 3rd gen dodges) how the grill "dips" down lower than the headlights.

If it is for a ford, it's probably for a 98-05 (or whatever years that body style is!)

If you want to make your own, there are lots of people on here who can give you advice. I just opened a business making bumpers and accessories, so I can send you pictures and details of products as well as recommendations for steel.

good luck, -Evan

I think its shop built meaning homeade.
The fords have a square piece on the front of the frames that will line up with that bumper the aftermarket bumpers I have put on dodges have 1/2"brackets that stick out towards the truck and go outside the frame and bolt through the bumper bolt holes. I had an aftermarket bumper on my 06 ford and it had brackets like the one in the pics above. However its no big deal just take some measurements and fab up some brackets.

Nice looking bumper by the way.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:24 PM

Homemade?, I was thinging that to, If so they did a above avg job. Any idea what the tube shaped small circles at the bottom are for?
That's what I was thinking tbarbee1, fit,fab,then frolic, for the price I paid I could drop 300.00 into it and still come out ahead. Now on to a winch.
I'm still open to anyone who can help me dial in it's I.D. a tad more.
Thanks for everyones time and input,
Pappy
Old 12-06-2007, 06:27 PM

Thanks for that, Evan, now tomorrow I won't be able to help myself, I'll be checking out fords,, hahahah

Originally Posted by EvanHouse

good luck, -Evan

Old 12-13-2007, 11:14 AM

A few pics

And questions, note the extra space between raw cut edges on top of new bumper in relation to space under headlights. Distance from raw cut edge aprox 6 inches; I'm looking to fill these spaces any ideas?
Also some will see bumper is slightly out of level (working on it) and I removed about 40 pounds of (what I thought) extra 1/4 inch unneeded steel (note letters on picture shot from front) now to backfill these spaces, 2 are set for lights, the remaining 3 are avl for what ever, license plate, air flow etc anyone care to offer feed back as to what I need to have for airflow etc.
I also plan on adding some thick (marine dock type) rubber to face or bumper to give some relief to future contact pressure, then paint, taking suggestions on paint as well not the color but the type.
Also now would be a good time to consider adding the winch I have the receiver solidly welded to bottom, however perhaps mounting it inside or on top of bumper, in the planning stages so now the time for feed back.
Also I have noted a extra connector located just under Pass side head light, could be a fog light connector, and saw a single connector near drivers side just under head light, as well as a multi connector under the radiator, any of these work?
Thanks everyone,,
Pappy
Attached Thumbnails Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,-pc1200017-1-.jpg   Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,-pc1200017.jpg   Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,-pc120005.jpg   Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,-pc120002.jpg   Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,-pc120004-copy.jpg  

Old 12-13-2007, 11:39 AM

uh...no pics man
Old 12-13-2007, 12:21 PM

Hahaha Duh" hit up load! ahaha ok now were up and showing
Old 12-13-2007, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would use some diamond plate steel to cover the gaps. It might be wise to bolt them on just incase you needed an opening for access.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:27 PM

Location: Ordered to Elizabeth City NC. rather be back in north Idaho
I think that looks cool as all get out! I like the big hoops around the headlights.

From Idaho I see...Rock On! Me too. I sure wish the Coast Guard had an airstation there...

Ed
Old 12-17-2007, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Copenhagenjunkie
I would use some diamond plate steel to cover the gaps. It might be wise to bolt them on just incase you needed an opening for access.
Yea I was going to design it so I can get to the lights etc,, Why diamond plate? I was thinking alum,,
Thanks for imput

Quick Reply: Calling all bumper, fab guys little help,,