Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/2nd-gen-dodge-ram-no-drivetrain-90/)
-   -   "Bad" lift pump cost me $500 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/2nd-gen-dodge-ram-no-drivetrain-90/bad-lift-pump-cost-me-%24500-20736/)

figure_9_pro 11-28-2002 07:19 PM

"Bad" lift pump cost me $500

Well I just recently became a member of this site, starting reading all the horror stories about the bad lift pumps and the problems they cause and got terrified. So I spent 500 dollars to find out the pump is fine and it looks like the picture attached. <br>That’s what I told my wife.<br>That’s my story and I am sticking to it………………<br>

RATTLINRAM 11-28-2002 07:49 PM

Re:"Bad" lift pump cost me $500

Welcome to the site<br> It looks like you have the problem solved. And when you take into account the cost of possible towing charges, VP-44 replacement, car rental, pain and suffering that it might have cost. :o Your wife should be happy that you took the time to actually save money in the long run. ::) ;D<br> Now ya need to come up with a reason to get that fueling box and injectors! [laugh] [laugh]

dhe9 11-28-2002 08:24 PM

strange, my lift pump looks just like a 4 inch exhaust [eyecrazy]

Lary Ellis (Top) 11-28-2002 08:39 PM

You Guys are Awful! :o<br> I would never do that! Just plain disrespectful I think.<br><br> Now the way I do it is, write out your intent for the item or items you plan on buying. Place them in an envelope and accidently drop it in the shredder. This way you attempted to tell her and it isn't your fault she didn't take time to piece that letter back together ;D<br><br> Ok I admit it, I am just Awful! 8) Must be that &quot;Y&quot; chromozone

chuck3 11-28-2002 08:45 PM

Yeah Welcome to the site its good to have you, we need fast learner's like yourself. [laugh] [laugh]

phox_mulder 11-28-2002 08:55 PM

[quote author=RATTLINRAM link=board=5;threadid=7660;start=0#73520 date=1038534570]<br>Welcome to the site<br>Now ya need to come up with a reason to get that fueling box and injectors! [laugh] [laugh]<br>[/quote]<br><br>The only thing standing in his way is that shifter on the steering column.<br><br>How's he going to explain the 3,000 clams he's going to spend to prevent future transmission problems? ::).<br><br>phox

turbo thom 11-30-2002 06:18 AM

My wife says my truck is falling apart. Yeah! Last nite, that's what she said. I asked why. Well, you're always working on it or putting on some part or another. [laugh] Might be time to start looking at a new one. Naugh honey, I said. I'll just try to keep this ole thing going. Cheaper on you I said. More money for you to shop. :D Now that made her :)..<br><br>Works for me. 8)<br><br>..Preston..