2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

95 Recall ????'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Recall ????'s

Hi all I called the dealer today and asked about recalls on my truck I guess there is three outstanding ones that need performed one is for the switch another for the throttle cable and another for coil spring replacement My question is what needs done with the switch? What all is replaced anyone have a 95 that this was done to. Matt
Old 01-08-2003, 10:36 PM

Re:95 Recall ????'s

Uh, which switch would that be?<br><br>Kind of curious, got a '95 also.<br><br>Rob
Old 01-08-2003, 10:41 PM

Sorry about not being specific if I understood right it is the ignition switch. Matt
Old 01-08-2003, 11:16 PM

Thanks Matt, I guess I should have the dealer run my VIN. More stuff to worry about! Great!<br><br>Rob
Old 01-08-2003, 11:33 PM

Matt, those recalls need to be done. The ignition switch is the switch involved. The old style one would overheat if the heater blower was run at max speed for extended time. The front coil spring tower can crack and separate. Recall is to replace tower if it is cracked. If not, a reinforcement piece will be welded on. Throttle cable/linkage replacement was also a recall for fraying that led to breakage or jamming. All three relate to safety.<br><br>Jerry
Old 01-09-2003, 06:52 AM

Thank for the info guy's Looks like it needs to go to the dealer I don't like dealing with them they seem to get on my bad side one way or another.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:06 AM

There is also a recall on the 95 for the hood latch. It can pop open and ruin your day. I also am unaware of the ignition recall. May just pertain to certain VIN #s.<br><br>Shire is absolutely correct about the throttle cable. That is the most important one. It breaks, your done :'( :'( :'( Really have a bad day if it breaks in Boon Doggle North Dakota in the middle of the worst snow storm in galactic history <br><br>
Old 01-09-2003, 11:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to add my 2 pennys. Hood latch recall is for the secondary hood latch. It has been found to get corroded and stick. DC's first fix was to lube it. Now they are replacing them. The ignition switch recall was correctly described.If the blower motor is left on for extented periods of time,will melt the ignition switch and/or the pigtail at the switch leading to possible fires. The fix is for installation of a relay to bypass the ign. sw. and to inspect the pigtail and/or sw for signs od excess heat. If melting is found to replace the pigtail and/or the ign. sw. if nec. Cracked frnt upper shock towers was also correct. That one can get involved with replacement and installing reinforcements. Make sure the dealer who performs this one has a qualified welder,as described in the recall or you might end up with a bigger problem TGCTD
Old 01-10-2003, 08:51 PM

I just went in a little over a month ago, and got my throtle cable, and steering recalls fixed. There was no mention of a shock tower recall, hood latch recall, or a ignition switch recall. does that mean it was already fixed? ???-cwbronc
Old 01-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Chapter President

A dealer can run your VIN and get all recalls and fixes on a print out for you...I have had the throttle cable recall done twice the first dealer screwed it up and the second dealer fixed it again at N/C
Old 01-11-2003, 11:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, anyone interested in seeing if they have open recalls on their trucks can contact a dealer and request a function 14. It should give you a list of completed and incomplete recalls for your vehicle by VIN #. Not all vehicles of a particular year may fall under the same recall,ie the shock towers,because only certain serial numbers may have the condition.More than likely do to letting certain vehicles off the line without knowing the condition and then correcting the problem once it has been found.As for Tsb's, they are only performed if you have symptoms of a particular problem that fall under a posted tsb for your Vin # or year. A tsb would not be performed on your vehicle if you do not display those symtoms desribed by the tsb,and do not fall under the year or serial #. the tsb would not apply.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:52 AM

Are the tsb performed free of charge or do you have to pay for the updates. My truck has the drone that is caused by the drive shaft and there is a tsb on it and a new drive shaft is needed but the price is probably a little scarry. Matt

Quick Reply: 95 Recall ????'s