24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Verdict on Alliant Replacement Lift Pump for 24V?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by ProPerDoper
Man am I glad to be able to tap into your experience!
I try to do what I can to help, I am like you I don't want to spend money on something I don't need or have to keep replacing. No matter what direction you go, you can still get a bad pump...it happens with any product but FASS builds their pumps in house and they test them multiple times before they ever go into a box to sell

Down time sucks and the whole idea behind DTR is sharing the knowledge so we can help each other from avoiding as much down time as possible
Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there anything in the electrical that can give less pressure? I installed a new carter lift pump as my pressure was dropping to 3 lbs on highway, now when i bump key to get pump to work it sounds faint and 3-4 lbs pressure. As did the old one.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robert78.5
Is there anything in the electrical that can give less pressure? I installed a new carter lift pump as my pressure was dropping to 3 lbs on highway, now when i bump key to get pump to work it sounds faint and 3-4 lbs pressure. As did the old one.
I'm sure there are others here that are more qualified to answer this than I am, but if low current is suspected you've probably already figured out that you can test for 12VDC at the OEM connector to the Carter pump I suspect.

I'd also check to make sure that if you added any aftermarket fuel lines like the big line kit, there are no pinched or folded lines.

I installed my Fass pump last night. First of all, it's no 1 hr job as stated in the ad material...at least not for those of us who've not done it before. It's a tight spot, and all the fuel line connections take some time.

Additionally, I had to disconnect most of the work I'd completed as during test the engine would only run a short time and then die, and my 5 psi warning light was on constant. I figured out that by following the instructions provided by Fass the 8" length for the fuel line from pump to filter canister inlet as specified was too long causing a sharp bend in it. This creased the line enough to inhibit flow. I shortened it, and carefully positioned each banjo bolt to insure a soft bend in the line and no kinks.

Works great now! My 5 psi idiot light never flickers even under heavy acceleration as it did with my Carter, and the torque curve seems much stronger into a higher RPM range.

Glad I was convinced to go with this pump, and again I thank Lary for his direction!