24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Thanks for the great info!! More help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the great info!! More help needed!

I can't find the thread, however the content dealt with the tranny "hunting" between high gear (auto) & OD between 40 & 45 mph under light load/acceleration.

I tried the APPS reset, as per the tech article and everything was great for about (3) days. Now, we're back hunting again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Looking for low-cost solutions if possible. I was greatly pleased when the APPS reset worked, making me feel that the problem is more electrical than mechanical.

Thanks again, and Thanks DTR for being a great resource!!ledge!!
Old 08-02-2003, 06:40 PM

Re:Thanks for the great info!! More help needed!

Hey I had the same exact problem it;s been almost a year now & no problems, it's TSB http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1999/18-02-99.htmit has worked flawlessly!

DRecu!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:36 AM

Re:Thanks for the great info!! More help needed!

Just wanted to give an update on this issue and thanks for the terrific info on these boards.

Suggestions and solutions ranged from electrical "noise" to a mechanical fix to the tranny.

I re-set the APPS, checked all the connections as suggested, and cleaned the battery posts, one battery did have some corrosion on the pos post. I also found a disconnected ground strap on the module located on the firewall. (forget what it's called)

Well, it's been 4 days now and no more hunting between high gear and OD!! I can't really say which of the above actually fixed the problem as I did them all at the same time. Just happy as sh_t at the "cost" of the fix.

Thanks again for being a Great resource!!