Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/24-valve-engine-drivetrain-89/)
-   -   P1693 code I need some help (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/24-valve-engine-drivetrain-89/p1693-code-i-need-some-help-331561/)

deisenhart 02-04-2019 11:28 AM

P1693 code I need some help

Howdy all,

My work truck is a 1999 Ram 2500 Cummings. I connected my code reader and got the dreaded P1693 code and Flt in Comp MDLE.

After the wait to start goes out, it normally starts right up. Twice this month it took two tries to to start it.

I also got a low fuel pressure warning at 4psi at start up a few times when it is cold. It has been sub freezing here as well. At idle, the fuel pressure is 13-14 psi. Running with a trailer, around 9psi under load.

The code reader I am using is an Innova 3140.

Any help out there?

Donnie

SIXSLUG 02-04-2019 01:44 PM

If I remember correctly P1693 is a companion code, need more info. Can you turn your key on/off 3 times and check codes in odometer?

deisenhart 02-04-2019 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by SIXSLUG (Post 3357810)
If I remember correctly P1693 is a companion code, need more info. Can you turn your key on/off 3 times and check codes in odometer?

I did that Slug just now. ON/Off three times, about a second each turn. I did not get anything on the odometer other then 200K on the clock.

The truck is chipped, but set on the lowest setting. I use it mostly for monitoring fuel pressure and as a turbo saver.

BarryG 02-04-2019 03:19 PM

As Six said the 1693 is a companion code and in and of itself doesn't mean much outside of there is another code in the companion module. I don't remember what year started the 3 key on code but it should come up with a series of info, code/s one after another if there are any then it will say pdone, then next computer check same as previous, code/s if any then pdone then I think it goes to the odometer I think there is only 2 series. Just to make sure, it is key on then off, key on then off, then key on (no off) the odometer should start the sequence if there are no codes it will still say pdone after each of the two modules are checked.

deisenhart 02-04-2019 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by BarryG (Post 3357818)
As Six said the 1693 is a companion code and in and of itself doesn't mean much outside of there is another code in the companion module. I don't remember what year started the 3 key on code but it should come up with a series of info, code/s one after another if there are any then it will say pdone, then next computer check same as previous, code/s if any then pdone then I think it goes to the odometer I think there is only 2 series. Just to make sure, it is key on then off, key on then off, then key on (no off) the odometer should start the sequence if there are no codes it will still say pdone after each of the two modules are checked.

Barry,

I just tried that, nada on the odometer.

I did push my trip reset button in and turn the ignition to "on". I got a CHEC, the gauges climbed three times, and went back to normal.

Flt in Comp MDLE is also on the scanner. Does that mean I should be looking at a new ECM or PCM?

SIXSLUG 02-05-2019 01:14 PM

That procedure is to check your gauges, IIRC your 99 should throw up codes. Try it again, on/off, on/off on/off and watch. Don't go too fast and don't kick starter.....

deisenhart 02-24-2019 08:23 AM

Howdy all one again,

Turns out this was a not really a big deal.
After I disconnected/reconnected the programmer, no code came up.
I talked to Edge, they said is the batteries drop to below 12v, funky things like this will occasionally happen.

Now I have to figure out why I am still getting the concessional "crank but no start" condition.

Danger Don