24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help asap

Alright so here’s the deal my truck has been giving me hell for about a month now. My first symptoms were when driving as soon as I let the truck idle it would idle high like 1100 then bounce up and down and settle out . Then it started popping at a idle also no smoke just a pop but fine under throttle. Hauled a truck back it was a 600 mile trip and I know fixed my edge juice would act up and say couldn’t connect. Then my lift pump would randomly quit pumping and psi was hit or miss sometimes it bounces around others it would hold steady at 17psi. Now the CTS monitor will just stay on the attitude page and won’t load any gauges and I have a bunch of codes. I got it running yesterday and when I revved it up and tried to bounce it around I had no throttle tell I let it settle down then it would idle then disconnected everything and problem went away. I drove it today and it ran fine a little pops when I would back off but then the lift pump quit in town disconnected batter cables and then bled air out of lines fired right up after that ran for a a few minutes same thing it died bumped the key lift pump pulsed 3 times disconnected again would run fine then bled air out and it would idle fine but popped when given throttle I’m already gonna say my vp may now be shot cause lift pump keeps dying I don’t have any other gauges besides my edge which won’t turn on so I can’t watch fuel psi could I have a bad ecm causing this
Old 02-26-2019, 06:02 PM

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts
Just noting that bad grammar really makes it hard when reading these posts done on a cell phone... Other than that, welcome to the forum and my first suggestion is say what year truck you have and the trucks history so everyone can know what they're working with.
Checking for codes is always first on the list of what to look for. Use a scan tool and write down everything it lists. Report back and maybe there's something obvious.