24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

NADP vs DTT Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you in Northern BC redneck-welding? If so you ccan try the guys at supreme diesel in sexsmith, they install NADP transmissions. I recomend the NADP trans they work well and dealling with a canadian company is a lot easyer when you need some waranty work. Not to say that ddt doesn't warranty there trans, but shipping that stuff across the border can be a hassel and tie up parts for quite a awile.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by rage_blue
Are you in Northern BC redneck-welding? If so you ccan try the guys at supreme diesel in sexsmith, they install NADP transmissions. I recomend the NADP trans they work well and dealling with a canadian company is a lot easyer when you need some waranty work. Not to say that ddt doesn't warranty there trans, but shipping that stuff across the border can be a hassel and tie up parts for quite a awile.
Pssst buddy, DTT is Canadian???
Old 01-06-2009, 12:33 AM

I can't say one way or the other about NADP but Bill & Stephan Kondolay are top shelf guys who build a top shelf tranny and stand behind it 100%.

DTT.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:05 AM

very interested in this thread as i am in need of a new tranny . have dealt with nadp in grande praire and service was top notch along with prices.keep this thread going i still need to save some cash!i have $4.28,could be a long thread by time i have the dough.also what are the chances of installing this tranny on a guys own,since the nearest service shop is 6hrs away and still need to get the rig there.easier to doit at home?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the heavy hauler NADP Trans and I am happy with it. I boughtt mine back in May 2005. Back then they used the same TC's that DTT used to use before they went with the Storm (from what NADP said). I had 1 problem with mine and that was that it would not lock up at all. They sent a new VB and they paid for install of the VB here in Bozeman. They didn't have a tranny dyno back then, so that is why it slipped by. Barry still owns NADP as far as I know. Eugene used to be the shop manager back in '05 and I am glad to know he is no longer there. dealing with him was like trying to go up river in a canoe without a paddle.
I think I have about 150,000 miles on the truck with no problems on the trans now. I also run Amsoil.
I have the 91% TC and it will spin the tires when I put it in drive if I am on snow or ice. If I were to do it over, I would get the 89% 1800 stall.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:22 AM

I have called both places and both were good to deal with getting quotes ect. i think dtt was more helpful and wanted more info on what my setup was going to be, towing and hp goals. right now i think i can get the DTT for cheaper and they offer a better warrenty as nadp is 1yr 25-30km and the dtt is 2yr unlimited km on the parts. if you were wanting to install it yourself you would save the 550 on that
Old 01-12-2009, 05:16 PM

Hey red-neck are these prices in can. dollars or US dollars?
Old 01-12-2009, 06:03 PM

it is 4000 american for the dtt tranny with tq converter
Old 01-12-2009, 06:06 PM

currently at 150,000 on my 01 and 110,000 on my 03 with trannsmissions built with dtt components by me.
Pulling 8000 to 14,000 lbs 50 percent of the time.
If you know what you are doing you can get most of the components from tcs products out of canada for considerbly less from steve marshall.
If you need someone to walk you thru it have dtt build it for you or walk you thru it with their products.
TCS used to build dtt's converters shafts and billet components but they had a parting of the ways but they still build an excellant product.
I don't know who builds dtt's converters now but opie was building their shafts.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by shortie
currently at 150,000 on my 01 and 110,000 on my 03 with trannsmissions built with dtt components by me.
Pulling 8000 to 14,000 lbs 50 percent of the time.
If you know what you are doing you can get most of the components from tcs products out of canada for considerbly less from steve marshall.
If you need someone to walk you thru it have dtt build it for you or walk you thru it with their products.
TCS used to build dtt's converters shafts and billet components but they had a parting of the ways but they still build an excellant product.
I don't know who builds dtt's converters now but opie was building their shafts.

No Sir, None of Opie parts have not been part of DTT for a couple years now.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:51 PM

Did not know that, thanks for updating me.
Do you happen to know who is building their converters now?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:49 AM

Well after my DTT took a crap on me for the forth time in 2 years its gone for good, and I won't miss it. Hello Goerend. I have wasted too much time and money on my dtt.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by rockjeep
Well after my DTT took a crap on me for the forth time in 2 years its gone for good, and I won't miss it. Hello Goerend. I have wasted too much time and money on my dtt.
This doesn't sound like the norm at all! Hard to believe you could have that happen once, let alone 4 times. I know too many guys that have never had a problem to not be suspicious of these comments.

Dave
Old 01-14-2009, 04:27 PM

Well lets count them.
Transducer went out. They sent me a bag of them and told me to try one until it worked. I pulled the pan 6 times. There's one. Then the clutchs were smoked because of all the driving trying to find a working transducer. had to do a full rebuild. Theres two. Then the reverse band delaminated and took out the drum. Trany out rebuild. Theres three. And now the Torque converter is fused in the pump. Boat anchor. There's four. Didi I studder.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fishin2Deep4U
This doesn't sound like the norm at all! Hard to believe you could have that happen once, let alone 4 times. I know too many guys that have never had a problem to not be suspicious of these comments.

Dave
Yah Rockjeep your reply sounds as suspicious indeed. Well not as suspicious as something like:

"Can only comment on the DTT as it's all I have ever had.

The only problem I have ever had is that I lost lockup due to a broken boost valve retainer. This was not DTT's fault as it was a stock part, but they repaired it, put a new heavy duty clip in and all has been well ever since. Definitely the best purchase I have made for my truck."

The "hard to believe/suspicious" comments come from someone that claims to of had transmissions rebuilt for input shafts because they where out of round and also felt the need to change out a couple torque converters for no reason but they nolonger count as reasons I guess.

Quick Reply: NADP vs DTT Transmissions