24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Longterm Report Clutch Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longterm Report Clutch Pics

Here's a few pics for you to enjoy. This truck has to be back up and running asap, so I'm not sure what we are going to do for now.

If you have anything to say, just let it out. I dropped the trans for symptoms of a bad pilot bearing. Clutch was working perfectly, even beat a '03 Tahoe in a stoplight showdown rescently.

Sorry for the poor quality, my cell, and a flashlight was all I had...

First Clutch disc...

Second Clutch Disc...

Flywheel Side... I think this high spot on teh insert may have been the cause of the failure...

Input Shaft...

More pics at my personal photobucket site... mgirl_jojo - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Merrick
Old 12-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Banned

who's clutch is it?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:53 PM

A vendor who has taken very very good care of my since day one, and continues to take care of me to this day. I will let the name out as soon as I talk to him.

This clutch and input shaft has a little over a year with pleanty of power forced through it. Since August, I have been daily towing 20,000Lbs. That's the truck, plus a 20k trailer. With the COMP off my truck can put out 30PSI at 1,300RPM, and still puts out 40PSI at 1,400RPM, and 50PSI from 2,000RPM to redline, while maintaining EGT less than 1,350. Needless to say, there is plenty of torque from my motor. I have also doone several 40PSI boosted launches for burnouts and donuts, but I have never been down the 1/4 mile with this clutch.

Check my signature for vids. The vids made in the daytime are when my truck had this clutch in it.

I'm not blaming the clutch at all, but this is for others who may want to tow with a solid disk clutch, to re-think the decision. Opt for a sprung disk, or don't tow heavy. I am pretty sure that if it weren't for me towing, that the wear that is seen would be almost non-exsistent.

Merrick