24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Destroyed my tranny

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Destroyed my tranny

Couple weeks ago i flooded my tranny when i got my truck really stuck in a big mud hole. Spent the next night flushing it out and getting clean juice in there. All was good for 3 weeks or so and then i started getting limp mode and third gear starts. Called Dave up at Goerend bros. and told him all about it he sent me selenoids for it at no charge. Put them in and took a ride and It worked great for 5 minutes and then it went to hell. Lost tcc lock up. Truck starts stalling every time you put it in gear. So i took it to a garage beacuase there was all kinds of codes goin out. Got the call back later pan is full of clutch material. Trannys toast. Then right after that Dave calls me up and says im gonna send you a whole neew tranny and tcc for the cost of the shipping. I am amazed at how hes treating me with this. Hes offered every bit of help to me over the phone he could and now hes replacing my tranny for me. I dont think you can find customer service like that any where else. My hats off to dave for this one.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow! That is customer service plus.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Banned

Dave is an awesome, awesome man to deal with. He called me after hours one night because he was to busy to call me during normal hours and I had a couple of questions to ask him. What a great guy.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:23 PM

That sounds like A+ service.My goerend trans & tq is getting put in right now.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When water gets in the tranny there is no way to get all of it out w/o taking it apart and replacing all clutches, bearing, and tc. Water will softup the clutch material and after a while it will just come right off. Best way is to clean the crap out of it on a work bench when it pulled apart.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:30 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
+1 for Dave Goerend and Goerend Brothers Transmission shop.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:29 AM

That rocks man.
Glad to hear of someone getting GREAT customer srevice and from someone we all seem to like at that.

GREAT WORK DAVE!!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Do we have pics of the truck in the water?
Old 11-12-2005, 09:18 AM

My freind has picks of it. So ill get him to send them to me this weekend and try to get them on here. It took a backhoe to pull me out. We had 2 trucks hooked up to it and they didnt budge it.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by dieselrob
My freind has picks of it. So ill get him to send them to me this weekend and try to get them on here. It took a backhoe to pull me out. We had 2 trucks hooked up to it and they didnt budge it.

I dont get it ...was it a Goerend tranny that you had before?
Old 11-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Banned

that's the only reason we went with Dave, CUSTOMER SERVICE. being on the road most of the time it's hard to find good customer service. We needed a tranny asap, called DTT and didnt' get a call back, so Dave was it. Had some trouble with shipping but wasn't Dave's fault. Dave was very thorough and didn't treat us like a bunch of idiots, giving us the old sales pitch and this and that. I've sent out a bunch of referals Dave, thanks for a great product and providing great service.

A++
Old 11-12-2005, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Big Deezul
I dont get it ...was it a Goerend tranny that you had before?

yes it was one of daves trannys.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:57 PM

hey guys i havent had a chance to call Dave yet but what are his prices?...his customer service is becoming legendary....im gonna have a tranny shipped from him when this one is toast

amyone get prices from Dave? there's nothing on his website

Andrew
Old 11-12-2005, 07:28 PM

You destroyed your tranny in water and called Dave and told him what you did? And he is sending you a new one under warranty? That is very good customer service? or very bad business sense. Wonder what Dave would think of this post?
Old 11-13-2005, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by mr T
hey guys i havent had a chance to call Dave yet but what are his prices?...his customer service is becoming legendary....im gonna have a tranny shipped from him when this one is toast

amyone get prices from Dave? there's nothing on his website

Andrew
You really need to call Dave to get his price. He has so many different ways of building them that what you pay may not be the same as what I pay or what anyone else pays. He will work with you on the phone to get you the right combination of parts for what you need. There is a several thousand dollar price range depending on what you have done to it. It is definately worth your time to call.

Quick Reply: Destroyed my tranny