24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Code P0622

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code P0622

Anyone have an idea about code P0622? Here's the situation; toasted my trans a couple of weeks ago and just had it replaced last week. Picked it up yesterday, drove home no problems, got out to my brother's place for a bbq and left his place about 4hrs later. Got the CEL immediately upon startup. This afternoon after about 3-4 engine shut downs and restarts the CEL went out. This evening after taking the family out to the movies, I get in and start the truck to the CEL again staying on.

I get the following, but I know the cause;

p0602 - caused by MAD ECM
p1765 - caused by the ATS Trans Commander that was installed last week.
p0622 - which is Generator Field not Switching properly - no idea what causes this.

Trans rebuild consists of complete overhaul which included the following; Goerend Brothers triple disk (thanks Dave for the quick shipment) along with an ATS valve body and ATS dd trans pan. Also installed a aux cooler with fan and the ATS trans commander.

Being that it is a 3 day weekend, I couldn't get ahold of the trans shop that did the rebuild, but was able to speak with Dave about the codes. I'd like to get this fixed before I have to go back to work.

Truck is a Calif 2002 2500 4x4 auto.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Casey
Old 05-31-2005, 06:07 PM

P0622 - FIX

Well, I think we found the fix for my truck setting the P0622 code. During the install of the ATS Trans Commander the wire for the aux power for the transmission relay was hooked up. After a few calls to the trans installer and ATS it was decided that this wire does not need to be connected for the 47re but does for the 48re. This morning we disconnected the aux power, disconnected the batteries to clear the codes in the pcu, reconnected the batteries after about 20 min with the key in the 'on' position. Turned the key off, reconnected the batteries, checked for codes, P0622 gone, started the truck, turned the truck off, checked for codes, P0622 still gone. CEL light now goes out after starting the truck. Code is still gone. Have started the truck over ten times with out the CEL staying on.

So, it appears that if you have an aftermarket way of locking up your tc, check to see if you have aux power going to the trans relay, its under the hood in the fuse box. I could hear mine switching with the key 'on' but not started. By removing this from my truck, I eleminated the P0622 problem.

Time will tell if it is a permenant fix.

Casey
Old 05-31-2005, 06:27 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boy, that was a real head scratcher. I hope it stays fixed for you.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bocifus
Well, I think we found the fix for my truck setting the P0622 code. During the install of the ATS Trans Commander the wire for the aux power for the transmission relay was hooked up. After a few calls to the trans installer and ATS it was decided that this wire does not need to be connected for the 47re but does for the 48re. This morning we disconnected the aux power, disconnected the batteries to clear the codes in the pcu, reconnected the batteries after about 20 min with the key in the 'on' position. Turned the key off, reconnected the batteries, checked for codes, P0622 gone, started the truck, turned the truck off, checked for codes, P0622 still gone. CEL light now goes out after starting the truck. Code is still gone. Have started the truck over ten times with out the CEL staying on.

So, it appears that if you have an aftermarket way of locking up your tc, check to see if you have aux power going to the trans relay, its under the hood in the fuse box. I could hear mine switching with the key 'on' but not started. By removing this from my truck, I eleminated the P0622 problem.

Time will tell if it is a permenant fix.

Casey
I am having the same code set on at times USUALLY when I use the exhaust brake, did you just pull a fuse, not sure what you exactly did, I have a built DDT transmission with a shift control box under the drivers seat. thanks
Old 09-24-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ed ke6bnl
I am having the same code set on at times USUALLY when I use the exhaust brake, did you just pull a fuse, not sure what you exactly did, I have a built DDT transmission with a shift control box under the drivers seat. thanks
Ed,

Which transmission do you have the 47re or the 48re?

Casey
Old 09-24-2018, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bocifus
Ed,

Which transmission do you have the 47re or the 48re?

Casey
I have a 1998.5 which I believe is the 47re
Old 09-26-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ed ke6bnl
I have a 1998.5 which I believe is the 47re
Ed,

I'm not familiar with your transmission lockup controller, however I expect it is very similar to what I have. There is a wire for the auxiliary power to the transmission relay. The 47re does not need this aux power. If you have the schematics for the unit you have, it should show the aux power line. Just disconnect it and clear the codes. If you don't have the schematic, I'm sure the manufacturer can help you locate it.

Best of luck.

My lease favorite of anything is if it has electronics, is tracking down any electrical issue. Currently in the process of tracking down 2 issues with my truck, one I found the power on supply to one of the relays I installed is no longer functioning. The other is my Edge Comp, was working the other day, today it's not. Has power, and I believe a good ground. But gonna start from square one and try to find the electrical problem. Not sure if my issues are related. Will find out this weekend.