Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/24-valve-engine-drivetrain-89/)
-   -   Bad idling.. (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/24-valve-engine-drivetrain-89/bad-idling-284293/)

thehighroad 01-24-2011 01:16 PM

Bad idling..

I have a 98.5 2500 with 145,000 completely stock other than 4" straight pipe on it and I have noticed here recently that after I have ran it awhile and pull up to a stop light or just let it idle that it will start missing here and there. Its not consistent when it does it but it'll get to doing it pretty good if I've ran it hard. I just changed my fuel filter to see if that would help and nothing so far. Also thought it may be an injector going down. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

thehighroad 01-24-2011 01:18 PM

24valve sorry.

cowboykilla235 01-24-2011 03:48 PM

id say you might have some injector problems! might need to take em off and get them tested out...

thehighroad 01-24-2011 05:14 PM

Ya thats what I thought. I'm thinking about droppin in a set 150 hp injectors.. Got a good deal on a set..

cowboykilla235 01-24-2011 06:06 PM

Ya this wed im getting mine taken out and cleaned/inspected. The dealership up here keeps messing up and i complained about it, so they offered me this and i took it. Kinda glad to cuz i dont think im getting as much power outta this truck as i should be, and real shitty fuel mileage also! But we will see monday!

thehighroad 01-24-2011 06:10 PM

Ya I'm getting terrible fuel milage.. Like 14.5 so really bad.. I think in gunna have mine put in this weekend. I really need my milage to go up bc with diesel this high it's killin me..

turbomar 01-25-2011 04:58 PM

injector trouble

Originally Posted by thehighroad (Post 2912274)
I have a 98.5 2500 with 145,000 completely stock other than 4" straight pipe on it and I have noticed here recently that after I have ran it awhile and pull up to a stop light or just let it idle that it will start missing here and there. Its not consistent when it does it but it'll get to doing it pretty good if I've ran it hard. I just changed my fuel filter to see if that would help and nothing so far. Also thought it may be an injector going down. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

IMO, you just need to reseat your injectors/tubes. One of them probably got loose causing it to leak-by on side of injector and tube. it wont miss above idle because there is enough pressure to pop the injector open.

DIESELWRKS 01-25-2011 05:23 PM

well I'm still chasing the same issue. had don re check and pop injectors less than 9k miles ago after rebuild. and I get this same issue almost a stall/lope on idle comes and goes every 20-30 seconds. no codes. I thought it was a early sign on my vp that I have for last 80k miles. if someone had a leaking injector besides slowly growing oil, no other visual signs