Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   Window shades (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/window-shades-329766/)

bigredbrick 02-04-2018 10:29 PM

Window shades

1 Attachment(s)
Are these still available? Parts rig has a good driver side, pass side got smashed when the Getrag locked up on the PO and it got dumped on it's side.

Shelby/Dakota 02-06-2018 11:12 AM

Id be interested to know if there is a "modern" stick on style that is available for these trucks. The ones that use the double sided tape instead of screwing into the door structure.

My pap had a set on his truck, after I inherited the truck I noticed the sealant had deteriorated and I have since removed them entirely.

thrashingcows 02-06-2018 02:15 PM

Don't believe the stainless ones are availble, I see them pop up from time to time on E-bay. I have a used set in my parts hoard....will put them on eventually. ;)

The plastic ones I think you can still get, try LMC?

N. Besonderes 02-06-2018 07:38 PM

LMC says they have the stainless ones in their catalog.

freight train 02-06-2018 07:59 PM

I have the Ventshade stick on version on my RC and the screwed in stainless steel versions on my W350. I love the look of the Ventshade but I don't like not being able to pop out my wing window. I wish I would have found a set of the old screw on's instead of the stick on's.

james1 02-07-2018 06:52 AM

auto ventshade

Although the Lund website no longer shows them as available, if you'll do a Google search for "Auto Ventshade 12031" you can find some online stores with the product still in stock. (Lund is apparently the owner of the Ventshade brand). You should probably move quickly.

I have the stainless ones on my truck and I like them. I never installed the screws because they stay in place fine with only a friction fit...

NJTman 02-07-2018 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by james1 (Post 3343702)
Although the Lund website no longer shows them as available, if you'll do a Google search for "Auto Ventshade 12031" you can find some online stores with the product still in stock. (Lund is apparently the owner of the Ventshade brand). You should probably move quickly.

I have the stainless ones on my truck and I like them. I never installed the screws because they stay in place fine with only a friction fit...

I used a thin bead of clear rubber sealant to affix mine so they would stay put. No screwing here

Yeah, like I don't hear that all the time.[laugh]

1STGENFARMBOY 02-07-2018 09:04 AM

Thats what my wife says instead of " good night"[laugh]

bigragu 02-07-2018 09:38 AM

Have you tried JC Whitney? That’s where I bought mine from.

N. Besonderes 02-07-2018 07:01 PM

This motivated me to finally buy a set while I still can.
Ordered a pair of the stainless type from LMC Truck today. ~$45 with shipping.

-Niemand

bigragu 02-07-2018 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by N. Besonderes (Post 3343751)
This motivated me to finally buy a set while I still can.
Ordered a pair of the stainless type from LMC Truck today. ~$45 with shipping.

-Niemand

That’s the same price I paid from JC years ago, lol

NJTman 02-07-2018 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by 1STGENFARMBOY (Post 3343709)
Thats what my wife says instead of " good night"[laugh]

Yeah...I hear ya.[laugh]