Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   What a night. (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/what-night-282009/)

Jim Lane 12-12-2010 06:03 AM

What a night.

9 Attachment(s)
This was not a good night.

First I want to say, this is what my truck looked like 2 days ago.

Attachment 65296

Tonight I went to my parent’s house to do some work; I heard a loud crash and then my alarm go off, so within an instant I go running out of the house to see a big delivery truck rolling down the street to a stop.

Attachment 65297

Attachment 65298

I got to my truck only to find the truck has sideswiped the driver’s side ripping off my fender and hit my mirror and flipped it around shattering the glass.

Somehow he miraculously missed the entire side of the truck only the fender and the mirror and scuffed the tire.

Whenever I park where I am only going to be a few hours, I always leave my lights on so my truck can be seen.

Attachment 65299

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...J/IMG_0720.jpg

Attachment 65300

Attachment 65301

Attachment 65302

Attachment 65303

Attachment 65304

Looks like he got too close to the side of my truck, he said he had just bought it last month so maybe he wanted to see how close he could get.

He seems to think it is going to cost around $1000.00 to repair, I told him the fenders are made out of unobtainium.

At least this guy wasn’t drunk, had stopped, has a driver’s license and has insurance.

Monday I will take it back to Detroit Auto Body and have them repair it.

No I am not as calm as it might seem.

Guess it could have been a lot worse.

Jim

Subliminal 12-12-2010 06:43 AM

That sucks, man! At least he didn't get EVERY PIECE OF SHEETMETAL down the side of the truck...

JonathanFleguel 12-12-2010 06:46 AM

its good to hear that he was driving legit and it will be paid for bummer though. in the summer i had my truck parked beside my shop and i was grabbing some tools so i left the door open (wont do that again) and my dad drove by with his truck and tralier and bent the door all the way till it hit the front fender. i told him he should have seen it and he told me i should have closed the door so he gave me a hand to hang another door.

JBradley500 12-12-2010 07:29 AM

In a couple of months it will have been fixed and youll have already forgotten about it.... it seems to happen to everyone once in a while.

Nice truck by the way.

chaikwa 12-12-2010 07:41 AM

Well that just plain stinks. [verymad]

Seems like every time I get a truck exactly how I want it, usually after a year or more of 'tweaking' and I'm happy with the outcome, some idiot comes along and screws it all up.

Glad it was only the fender and mirror, but it still stinks.

G1625S 12-12-2010 07:50 AM

OMG, of all people, WHY you, Jim? For any newer members not familiar with Jim's truck, it is actually too clean to eat off on its worst day! Ugh, sorry for your loss man:(

93flatbed 12-12-2010 07:52 AM

That is a bad situation. I'm sure you wanted to take it out on his face. But on the good side it sounds like he's gonna own up to his FUBAR and you or yours weren't hurt. He's gonna poop when he see's the bill, 1000 seems a little low to me. Good Luck and you got lots of good pictures to prove your case!

92betsy 12-12-2010 08:07 AM

That is horrible sorry to hear that happened to your truck. At least he stopped and is insured and it is going to get taken care of though. The idiot that took out my front fender, grill, and screwed my front end up did a hit and run and got away.

madhat 12-12-2010 08:55 AM

Dude, that's terrible. I'm glad he stopped and is legit, but it does not make it any better.

I'm glad I have somewhere I can park off the road.

Onemoparnut 12-12-2010 09:05 AM

Sorry to hear about this but at least he stopped and had insurance. The guy that hit me screwed up my truck pretty good and just kept right on going.

befitz 12-12-2010 09:15 AM

Hope you called the police. Same thing happened to me. If no accident
report is made, officially it never happened.[duhhh]
I feel your pain, wish my truck was half as nice.

GIT-R-DONE 12-12-2010 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jim Lane (Post 2889202)
I told him the fenders are made out of unobtainium.

I'll have to remember that one !

Sorry to hear, but at least you can get it all fixed back up.

RonA 12-12-2010 10:02 AM

Man, that sucks. Your truck is a jewell,(and will be again once the shops done with it).

Mark Nixon 12-12-2010 10:14 AM

Those fenders aren't THAT bad to come by, neither is a mirror.
Both can be had in nice condition, if you use the right sources.

That having been said, you shouldn't have to "come up" with anything, if the driver had been paying attention.
I mean, who can't see a tail light and a fender marker when they are driving straight at them?

Mark.

JBradley500 12-12-2010 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Nixon (Post 2889315)
Those fenders aren't THAT bad to come by, neither is a mirror.
Both can be had in nice condition, if you use the right sources.

That having been said, you shouldn't have to "come up" with anything, if the driver had been paying attention.
I mean, who can't see a tail light and a fender marker when they are driving straight at them?

Mark.

people on their cell phones [dummy]