1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What did you do to your Gen 1 today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 11:08 PM

Received 308 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
I have the Trans Coolers on my NV-4500.
I am using the coolers I got with Moonshine on my Getrag that I am putting in my white crew.
Bill [previous owner on Moonshine] is making some really nice aluminum covers.
You can get both of them through Geno's.
Moonshine? Truck's name?
Old 05-25-2014, 03:25 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
For example a couple weeks ago I was in a left turn lane. When the light turned green the truck to the right of me (From a no left turn lane) turned left nearly hitting my right side. When I blew my horn the guy in the passenger seat got all riled up and gave me the finger. At the next light the guy sticks his head out the window and asked me what was my problem. I told him he made an illegal left turn and almost ran into me .
His response: So what's wrong with that!

Well,

Those Appleheads must be transplants from NJ or NYC. Only people from here do things like that...

We even have folks here who think bears are the same as gorillas. Maybe one of the guys who was in that truck came out to NJ to hang out in the woods ???

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf...l#incart_river
Old 05-25-2014, 06:31 AM

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,572 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFusion
Moonshine? Truck's name?
Yes, exactly.

I just bought a pretty awesome, unfinished Cummins Ramcharger swap project, that was called Moonshine due do the color.
There is a thread on the build here at DTR.
The thread title is "my daily driver Ramcharger build".
Old 05-25-2014, 09:18 AM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Well,

Those Appleheads must be transplants from NJ or NYC. Only people from here do things like that...

We even have folks here who think bears are the same as gorillas. Maybe one of the guys who was in that truck came out to NJ to hang out in the woods ???

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf...l#incart_river
I live in northern California (about 100miles west of Reno NV) and we get a lot of rich snooty types from Los Angeles. They move up here and think the locals are a bunch of knuckle dragging Neanderthals. And their offspring are worse. to them crashing is part of driving.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:23 AM

You make me look lazy. SLOW DOWN!!
I had lots of help.
I don't have a lift, so clutch swaps are done with a motorcycle jack laying on the ground. Two people make it a more fun job.

I had a good friend who is a fellow Cummins crew cab fanatic / professional wrench over to visit for a few days.
We just holed up in the garage and worked on Mopars all day for almost 4 days.
It was awesome.

I didn't get my white crew done as we found a slight leak on the rear main seal on a holiday Sat. and I couldn't locate one.
I didn't want to install the new clutch over a leaking seal.

The black crew is running great with that new South Bend clutch [Con OFE] is very smooth and holds the new found power great.
I could slip the factory Sach in 4th and 5th, with the blip of the throttle after some power mods over the winter.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in northern California (about 100miles west of Reno NV) and we get a lot of rich snooty types from Los Angeles. They move up here and think the locals are a bunch of knuckle dragging Neanderthals. And their offspring are worse. to them crashing is part of driving.
Hey Mknittle,
I live in Susanville. My Son and his family live in Auburn. Would be great to get together and chat about first gens.
I am just working on bodywork and prep for paint today.
Mike
Old 05-26-2014, 12:47 PM

Received 345 Likes on 284 Posts
Picked up some used toyos. After a load of topsoil 2 weeks ago I realized my cureent baloney-skins are only good to 2600#. These toyos have about 30% left but can handle 3970#
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Gen 1 today?-20140523_201958.jpg  
Old 05-26-2014, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by aicomp
Hey Mknittle,
I live in Susanville. My Son and his family live in Auburn. Would be great to get together and chat about first gens.
I am just working on bodywork and prep for paint today.
Mike
That would be cool. I used to go through Susanville once in a while when I was pulling a flatbed.
I am clearing a nest to start on my conversion. I am not going to be able to get into the shop this time. my dad's 52 Peterbilt log truck has priority. That's ok I had the shop all most all last summer working on a my 52GMC frame.
This way I have more time to do a bunch of things that wouldn't get don if I were in a hurry to get out of the shop.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:32 PM

After a lot of work on the truck this winter, I took the black crew cab out for a long drive and lunch with my daughter to celebrate the holiday.
I am loving the 727 auto to NV-4500 swap along with the long list of new motor "adjustments"
Old 05-26-2014, 07:59 PM

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts
I attempted to fix my rattling 4x4 shifter. We will see once my replacement fuel gauge isolator gets here.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:28 PM

Received 308 Likes on 234 Posts
I got the ORD twin stick kit installed! Still monkeying around with the throw adjustments. I have to call ORD tomorrow b/c the front axle shift linkage is AWFUL close to the front drive shaft. The instructions are pretty vague (and for a Chevy) but, so far, their customer service has been great. Once I get it where I want it I'm going to pull the shifter sticks out and get them powder coated.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Laid out my the front fenders with the same opening as the rear dually box opening with dually fenders removed. Going to cut the rusted and chewed up original fenders and liners as prototypes. Basically going to cut the fender liners at their apex nearly all the way around, then extend that out to the newly created large fender opening with either 3/16" ABS or HDPE sheet material. This will provide ample clearance for the 37" Military tires I have been running. I plan in relocating the side marker lights higher in the fender putting them inline with the front marker lights. I need to practice my forming, hammering and dolly work as well as devising the bolt in layout for the plastic sheet. I need to order a bunch of J-nuts and the special bolts dodge uses. I am hoping I can get these enlarged openings to look near factory.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:47 AM

Received 138 Likes on 86 Posts
I got these stacks in on trade for boarding some horses for my neighbor, I had stacks in my diesel trucks 8 years ago before it became a thing that young smoke blowing flat billers done, now it's bad and douche thing to do I hear, I like the way they look (and until I hook a loaded gooseneck behind it) I like the sound.

I have a full 5 inch tail pipe that I put on when I haul my camper, and when I am just driving to work I put the stacks in, I can switch them out in about 20 min.

Name:  016_zps80ff4027.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  1.56 MB
Old 05-27-2014, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by 1STGENFARMBOY
I got these stacks in on trade for boarding some horses for my neighbor, I had stacks in my diesel trucks 8 years ago before it became a thing that young smoke blowing flat billers done, now it's bad and douche thing to do I hear, I like the way they look (and until I hook a loaded gooseneck behind it) I like the sound.

I have a full 5 inch tail pipe that I put on when I haul my camper, and when I am just driving to work I put the stacks in, I can switch them out in about 20 min.

I think it looks good and I am over 50.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:08 AM

So far today I fished these out of the back and blew the leaves off them. then test fitted the 1 3/8 bar. the lowest they go is 30"
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Gen 1 today?-100_4962.jpg  

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Gen 1 today?