1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

VE Pump Rebuild Guide

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 11:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
VE Pump Rebuild Guide

Has anyone used this DVD/CD guide? Would you recommend it?

Ebay ads not allowed
Old 04-11-2018, 09:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Watching this thread. I see that 96 were sold and a google search doesn't show a single post about it.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by searcher
Watching this thread. I see that 96 were sold and a google search doesn't show a single post about it.
Thanks! That's why I decided to ask!
Old 04-16-2018, 11:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not sure I'd waste the money personally. There's no shortage of free threads with pictures and videos out there on how to do it.

That being said, the biggest thing is being very very careful about keeping it clean and paying attention to make sure it goes back exactly the same way it came apart.

I personally would be hesitant to do a DIY rebuild on a rig you value. Lots of things that can wear out and not be noticed without experience or being adjusted wrong on a pump which can either make it pointless to rebuild or potentially damage the engine. It's one thing for a ranch truck or an old tractor but something different when it's something you need.
The following users liked this post:
mknittle (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 11:39 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmuleman
Not sure I'd waste the money personally. There's no shortage of free threads with pictures and videos out there on how to do it.

That being said, the biggest thing is being very very careful about keeping it clean and paying attention to make sure it goes back exactly the same way it came apart.

I personally would be hesitant to do a DIY rebuild on a rig you value. Lots of things that can wear out and not be noticed without experience or being adjusted wrong on a pump which can either make it pointless to rebuild or potentially damage the engine. It's one thing for a ranch truck or an old tractor but something different when it's something you need.
wise words! I scratched my head for about a week trying to decide on rebuilding mine myself. I ended up sending it to a reputable shop after reading about all the potential things that could go wrong DYI