1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Son of ‘custom rare OEM part install’ #2

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 10:42 AM

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts
6.6, is this a new name for apprentice Mopar mechanic?
Originally Posted by 6.6lEater
Pardon me, but the correct term is GM World Class. Fewer than 100 people in the country have that honor to call themselves.

By the way you both did a tremendous write-up on your install. I look forward to seeing more. Maybe one day I will stumble on a first gen and own one. Until then I will have to stick to my wires.
Do I see a federally funded government motors check in there?
Look closely at my avatar. You will see the secret behind those most beloved durkamaxs.
Thank you sir. You are officially invited to Casa Frozen North as well.
With all the valuable testing and install information here, I vote for this to be a sticky.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Banned

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
have you ever considered filling the tail housings with 100% antifreeze and then sealing them off? would keep the bulbs cool, prevent freezing over the housings in wet winter weather, and inhibit any corrosion from the housing or lighting sockets. seems like a no-brainer.

Originally Posted by 93flatbed
Finally need to check to see if any exhaust leaks were created since more power is being made.
you run your turbo's with no oil feed? i hear water cooled ball bearing garrett units don't need oil as long as you use 100% antifreeze.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:08 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Interesting concept, the only thing I can think of would be the brilliant red LED getting drown out by the green? Then we'd have yellow lights, Not sure that's legal here, how ever I think Canada is the wild west and you can run around naked and marry your sister. OFELAS should be good.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Banned

Interesting concept, the only thing I can think of would be the brilliant red LED getting drown out by the green? Then we'd have yellow lights, Not sure that's legal here, how ever I think Canada is the wild west and you can run around naked and marry your sister. OFELAS should be good.
no need for LEDs with 100% antifreeze in housings. cool burning incandescents use less power than LEDs.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Received 562 Likes on 411 Posts
Originally Posted by j.fonder
no need for LEDs with 100% antifreeze in housings. cool burning incandescents use less power than LEDs.
Have you seen anyone for your OCD? ...Mark
The following users liked this post:
deere country (02-12-2017)
Old 02-12-2017, 05:46 PM

I'm not sure why certain folks are cluttering up my 5 star thread.

Can't we all be friends and do Tylenol + 100% antifreeze shots together?
Old 02-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by maybe368
Have you seen anyone for your OCD? ...Mark
No, but the voices tell me I'm fine without the meds.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:01 PM

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Interesting concept, the only thing I can think of would be the brilliant red LED getting drown out by the green?
Red antifreeze...
Old 02-12-2017, 10:39 PM

Anyone up for a thread about genuine mopar ms9769 coolant ?
Old 02-13-2017, 05:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1972RedNeck
Red antifreeze...
I hope you're not implying dexcool!?! That's not OEM mopar approved. Although 93flatbed has already paid for his kids' college education because of that stuff.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:28 PM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
This gets my vote for one of the most useless threads on DTR.
Other than the part #s for dually tailgate light bulbs / lenses...

I feel dumber having read it. 100% Anti freeze cooled light bulbs??? Turbos with no oil feed line??? Is this "info" helping anyone fix their old 12V?

Why is busting Mark's chops on his choice to run 100% antifreeze so much fun?
The following 4 users liked this post by oliver foster:
deere country (02-13-2017), maybe368 (02-13-2017), mknittle (02-16-2017), NJTman (02-16-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 08:39 PM
Banned

i personally find this thread helpful in making OE parts last longer in order to avoid paying for the over priced junk parts sold by a few members here on the forum. atleast the paying vendors are respectful and non soliciting on this forum.
The following 3 users liked this post by j.fonder:
93flatbed (02-13-2017), boeingguy (02-14-2017), ofelas (02-14-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 09:19 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
WTH? How was my findings of lower amperage draws and less heat unless? I had thermal imagining to prove it, along with superior tools to prove less amperage draws, not to mention I showed a tool that I'd bet 98% of the great people on this site knew existed. I wasn't able to take photos of it in use but if you'd like I can show how it works at work so I can have someone else take the photos for me.

Fondler pointed out that I didn't have an oil line hooked up to my secondary turbo, so what, he caught something in a picture that wasn't right and called me out on it. Of course I know there is supposed to be one but what if some new member saw that photo and thought to himself, "maybe I don't need an oil line there"? Then they smoke a perfectly good windmill, I'd feel horrible if that happened. Jose is an awesome dude but he isn't cheap to call.

As to the use of antifreeze to cool a lamp, I was just playing along. Maybe flaunts using 100% pretty bold everytime he posts. If it works for him great, but he pushes the fact pretty hard, someone else doesn't agree then aren't they allowed to rebuke the information? Last I checked we were in the land of the free and at least two of the great people in this tread have put their lives on the line many of times to protect all of our 1st amendment rights!
The following 3 users liked this post by 93flatbed:
boeingguy (02-14-2017), j.fonder (02-14-2017), ofelas (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 08:10 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
If someone doesn't like a post or a thread, then why not just ignore it . if it doesnt apply or not helpful , move on .Why someone would reply that this is one of the most useless threads is hard to understand . just move on! When someone has big RED letters in there signature , there pushing pretty hard anyhow! I m not running 100% antifreeze, but if it works for him........I ve learned more from ofelas than any other 5 guys combined, even in jest he has more real information than most "experts".I suppose for some its all about making money, how sad! This is for gen 1 enthusiasts. I give away more parts than I ll ever sell , some of you would disappear if no longer allowed to sale your wares on DTR! If left to some ,it would be too expensive to get in this hobby... ( bad enough as is) , just keep it simple , have fun and learn what you can.. this thread gets five stars from me!!
The following 3 users liked this post by boeingguy:
93flatbed (03-19-2017), j.fonder (02-14-2017), ofelas (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Received 562 Likes on 411 Posts
Originally Posted by boeingguy
If someone doesn't like a post or a thread, then why not just ignore it . if it doesnt apply or not helpful , move on .Why someone would reply that this is one of the most useless threads is hard to understand . just move on! When someone has big RED letters in there signature , there pushing pretty hard anyhow! I m not running 100% antifreeze, but if it works for him........I ve learned more from ofelas than any other 5 guys combined, even in jest he has more real information than most "experts".I suppose for some its all about making money, how sad! This is for gen 1 enthusiasts. I give away more parts than I ll ever sell , some of you would disappear if no longer allowed to sale your wares on DTR! If left to some ,it would be too expensive to get in this hobby... ( bad enough as is) , just keep it simple , have fun and learn what you can.. this thread gets five stars from me!!
I agree about posting to say how stupid a thread is. A little history about the big red letters is that they are still on fire from the flaming that I took on this forum for not adding water to antifreeze. I probably would have changed it a long time ago if various people hadn't freaked out about it. I don't mind being kidded. I do it myself, but the line is where the kidding is just a demonstration of dislike. I was a firefighter for years and, I know it's hard to believe, but some people did not like me. I knew who most of them were and I put them on the "not allowed to jest with me list" because I knew that they where really being honest, not kidding.

About this selling on dtr problem, I don't even know who you are talking about, but, if you don't like their price, don't buy from them. As far as useful information in threads, I always try to remember that there are people here that aren't mechanics and are just trying to learn, it does no good to answer their questions in a passive aggressive or demeaning way. I think that "be nice" should be the mantra, but to each their own. If people want to sell things for their price or ask stupid questions, so be it...Mark
The following users liked this post:
mknittle (02-15-2017)

Quick Reply: Son of ‘custom rare OEM part install’ #2